Help! I have buyers remorse....

Hi JoeyTOB,

If you call educating people so that they can make better choices “bullying” then I would suggest a reality check. These kinds of inflammatory “accusations” are also the type of posts that I warned you about earlier that will result in being banned from this forum.

I enjoy differences in opinions and it is part of the value of every public forum … and each person can make up their own minds which opinions and set of facts are important to them. To suggest that people who are satisfied with a mattress regardless of what is in it should never re-evaluate their purchase if that is possible only perpetuates most if the problems in this industry where mass market retailers and manufacturers take advantage of the lack of meaningful information available to consumers.

As a more extreme example … are you really suggesting that if someone tests a mattress that is made primarily of 1.2 lb polyfoam with a really nice cover, is “well put together or glued”, and that sells for $1500 or more would be a good choice if someone tests it in a showroom and it feels “comfortable”? Would this be a “mistake” that should be re-considered when and if there is still recourse no matter where it was purchased from in the face of new information that comes to light?

While the purchase of an iComfort is not as extreme as this … there is no doubt that the materials they use and the “weak link” in these mattresses don’t justify their prices compared to other mattresses that may be just as “comfortable” and that use better quality materials that will last longer. You can see for yourself in post #11 here the quality of some of the materials they use in both the iComfort line and the iSeries line. This is not based on “opinions” but is factual information that every consumer deserves to know before buying a mattress (or deciding whether to reconsider a purchase).

This forum is dedicated to providing consumers with meaningful information that they can take into account when buying a mattress and choosing an outlet so they can decide on their own “value equation” for themselves. You are a retailer with your own business dedicated to selling mattresses and because your opinions carry more weight because of this … misinformation that you post or advice that is inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading will be “challenged”. You are free to disagree and provide the basis for your disagreement … you are not free to engage in personal attacks when this happens. This is not personal. You have been warned on several occasions (including post #36 and 38 here) though about personal attacks and accusations against other forum members or me (such as accusations of “bullying” and others you have made in many of your posts) and if your replies cross this line one more time … the rope you have been given (and has continued to stretch) will break and you will be banned.

Phoenix