Help in South Florida Fibromyalgia

I have fibromyalgia. I cannot find a mattress I can stand. I have tried two from Mattress Firm. One smelled so bad they had to take it back. The other a Simmons has a memory foam topper i cannot stand. I have been to Schrader beds in Wpb and was treated very rudely. I have been to comort beds in plantation but really was unsure about the polyoam core. I would love som help does anyone with firbro know wht to try next?

Hi ASW2836,

Hopefully you have already read this but post #1 here would be a good place to start and has the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make good choices (and more quickly eliminate some of the worst choices such as chain stores and major manufacturers who are not transparent about the materials they use in their mattresses)…

While I don’t have fibromyalgia … a forum search on fibromyalgia will bring up posts and suggestions from and to other forum members who do.

Some of the better options and possibilities in South Florida I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

My wife has Fibromyalgia.

You can read some of the impressions she shared with me about our new mattress here:

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/hunting-for-a-new-mattress

We really like what we ended up with, but there is a break in period.

I have decided to work with Don at custom comfort beds in plantation florida. I am doing a hd polyurethane core with a 3inch 36 middle and a softer 32 inch top layer. He has been great and patient and honest about how he builds the mattress. If it is not comfortable he will exchange the layers in one day so that i will not be without a bed. Heres hoping for some peace t last. A little concerned about the warmth of latex and any smell as i am going with blended bases on some of the things i read here. Wanted to let florida people know there is a reputable company here to work with at least so far.

Hi ASW2836,

It’s great to be able to work with a custom manufacturer that has good options, good value, and can provide you with good information and guidance as well.

Congratulations on your new mattress and I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a while :slight_smile:

Phoenix