HELP IN SOUTH JERSEY/LOOKING FOR A FIRM LATEX OR COMBO IN TRI STATE AREA

WOW! alot to take in but I am sure glad I found this site, never new what was out here. I have been on here looking for a while it can get a little overwhelming, I am 6"1 265, my wife is 5"7 165 and we like a firm mattress, we found a local mattress store had some coil,foam and 1 latex but it was soft, we love the feel of the TEPURPEDIC RHAPSODY BREEZE, but it was a little bit soft. we are asking for any dealers you can reccommend in the PA,DEL,NJ,MD area. THANKS SO MUCH!

Hi Scottod17,

You’ve probably read this but just in case … the tutorial post here has all the most important basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice all in one place.

Some of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Philadelphia/Wilmington/ Trenton areas are listed in post #2 here. There is also a list for the Baltimore area in post #2 here and for the Harrisburg area in post #3 here.

Phoenix

we tried VERLOS in WEST CHESTER,PA, great people but more into foam and coil mattress, he had 1 latex to soft, do they rate the dealers on here? or rank them on QAULITY, WARRANTY, etc? WE are willing to travel or buy online to find the best mattress we can find, looking for firm very firm. do you reccommend any certain online retailers? THANK YOU

Hi scottod17,

No … you can see what I would look for from a retailer or manufacturer in this article. I would put the most value on their knowledge about mattresses and materials, their experience, their transparency and ability to tell you what is in a mattress, their ability to give you good guidance, and their willingness to put your legitimate best interests above their own and not just “sell” you whatever they can or the latest “story” that may have little basis in fact. Many of the local lists in the forum include some comments about the retailers or manufacturers that are listed and a forum search may also turn up more information and feedback about them as well.

As far as a mattress … the dealer or manufacturer makes little difference because outside of how suitable a mattress is for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, or Personal preferences) … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it regardless of which retailer sells it or which manufacturer makes it. There is much more about this in the tutorial post.

I don’t pay too much attention to the length of warranties which are more about marketing than anything else because they only cover defects and not the loss or comfort or support which is the reason that a mattress generally needs to be replaced and they don’t reflect the useful life of a mattress or how long it may be before you need to replace it (see post #174 here).

The tutorial post also has links to several lists of online retailers or manufacturers (in the optional step) that I believe are among the best online options in terms of their quality, value, and service.

Phoenix