Help me DIY a Simmons World Class Plush Eurotop from 20 years ago!

We replaced our 20-year-old Beautyrest (World Class Norcross Plush Eurotop) with a Naturepedic EOS Classic Plush (Plush 8" encased coils with edge support, soft 3" latex on top). I really don’t like the feel; it is too bouncy/latex-y for me, I need something that gives a bit more since I am a 150 lb, 5’10" side sleeper. I sleep hot and the latex was making my back hurt because it was too firm for me. My husband is fine with his side (plush coils, medium latex), so I am just going to change my side. I figured I will keep the coils and the cover since they’re good quality and I love innerspring mattresses. I tried swapping out the soft latex for a layer of soft microcoils, but I feel like I still need something more cushiony, similar to whatever they used to use in old Beautyrest innerspring mattresses. What should I put in that top 3-4" layer above the coils that will make it feel like my old Beautyrest? I got a recommendation for the Foam Factory website, but there are so many different types of foams on there, how do I know what density, type, and thickness I need? Any recommendations for recreating an older innerspring mattress, the kind that had a plush top? Should I do 1" of some sort of latex, 1" memory foam, 1" polyfoam? Will that give me some support but help with pressure points and keep me cool? Would love suggestions for specs if anyone has them. Thank you, I am so overwhelmed!

Hi The650Life!

I see this is posted in the Talk To The Experts forum so I’ll leave it for them to chime in on and I’ll address your other post in the General forum. :slight_smile:

Hoping you get great advice here!
NikkiTMU

Thank you! Sorry to cross post, I am new and first posted it to Miscellaneous before I realized there was an Expert forum.

Hi The650life,

To my knowledge, the Beautyrest Eurotop had fiberfill and a layer of polyurethane in the top and the comfort layers below might have been several layers of poly or memory foam over the coils.

The soft-density latex that you had originally may have been too soft and you may have been going right through it. For your body weight, I would suggest a 3" - 28 ILD Talalay latex material which is a medium to medium-firm density. If that is too tall for your current mattress configuration then consider a 2" - 32 ILD.

Because Talalay latex is an open-cell foam and actually has holes in it, it will sleep cooler than poly or memory foam. Several companies on the platform can supply you with either of those densities. @FloBeds, @Latex_Mattress_Fact1, @Arizona_Premium, and @CST

I hope this helps.

Thank you! The Naturepedic store has been helping me out (forgot to mention it’s a split Cal King with a zipper cover so it’s easy to swap out layers on my side) so right now I have tried out soft latex, medium latex, and a layer of microcoils on top of the support coils. So far I like the microcoils best (they have more give for my hips and shoulders when I sleep on my side) but I still feel like I am missing that plush cushiony feeling I had with my Beautyrest. May have to try a mix of poly or memory foam and/or fiber fill to try to get that supportive yet plush feeling. Just latex and coils makes me feel like I am sleeping on a rubber ball.