Help me find a good mattress dealer in Chicago - Please =D

:cheer:

My name is Brandon. I came to this forum after considering a new mattress. I know that I want higher quality, longer lasting materials, because I have had a cheaper (400.00) memory foam mattress that has a huge body cavity where I normally slept.

A little about me. I am 23 and about 245 pounds at 5’11. My fiance is 24 and aobut 120 pounds at 5’10. We are both side sleepers and we both like to sleep on the “cool” side. Now one last thing to consider is that sleep has become a precious commodity because our firstborn just came home with us not too long ago. He’s a handful… and we are feeling the lack of quality sleep because of his needs and a subpar spring-coil mattress (no toppers).

Now, from what I understand (having gone through the overviews of a quality mattress) one of the only local retailers is Quality sleep - https://qualitysleepshop.com/. I have scheduled a phone interview with them later this day, but I’d like some back up shops if there any.

My needs are simple:

Budget ranges from 700.00 - 2000.00 - (if possible I’d like a recommendation for a mattress on the lower, middling, and higher end of my budget according to my needs above).

Materials: High quality all latex beds, latex hybrids, or high quality memory foam + other mixtures. From what I understand differential or progressive construction is probably best for us with a higher preference towards differential.

Firmness: We both agree that a medium-plush to medium-firm would suit us quite nicely.

Location (if no online sales offered) would be within 100 miles of Chicago ideally.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to reading any response I get! Cheers.

Hi Brandonr91,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

The first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that will help you make the best possible choices based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you … and just as importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

As you probably know … I think very highly of Quality Sleep / My Green Mattress and they are a member here which means that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry but some of the other options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Chicago region are in post #2 and #4 here.

Phoenix

Good news! After a couple hours discussion different models, materials, and general densities I have found my new mattress at Quality Sleep. Kathy, the sales rep I worked with, was very friendly and informative and only showed me beds which I specified I might be interested in based on materials, density, and sleeping habits. She was very informative about their products - She knew the foam densities that they used in “general” and helped me pick the latex mattress that met my comfort criteria. I ended up getting 6 in foam core support, 1 inch talalay latex ontop of that, and a 2 inch latex/foam molded topper. Everything, including box spring, delivery, installation, and topper was 1259.00. Very reasonable for what would otherwise be a 2000.00+ bed in major stores.

What I liked the most is she offered to customize my bed to my exacting needs such as double sided, ILD firmness, and a choice of various toppers that would allow me to turn a single sided mattress over and use the topper on the other side when it’s time to flip the mattress (she suggested every 3 months to keep the mattress newer, longer.) Now, last, but surely not least - they have a great warranty service that lasts 10 years and covers ANY form of defect regardless of how it was caused so long as there are “NO” stains on the bed. When I asked how the warranty worked she replied that they come pick it up and usually have it back the very same day or the next day. She also said that the topper was also warrantied in the same manner, for the same period of time. Finally she mentioned the warranty/guaranty was no “pro-rated” in any capacity. Over all I had a very good, not led by-the-nose, experience. \

Now, if I don’t like the mattress I have 60 days for full return or exchange. So, here’s to a new sleeping experience (hopefully a well balanced one).

Hi Brandonr91,

Thanks for the feedback and for sharing the results of your visit to Quality Sleep.

It’s not a surprise but it’s always good to hear that that like so many other members of the forum that have visited them that your experience there was as good as it was.

I think you made a great choice … and most importantly … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

How quick was delivery?