Help me find a high quality latex mattress factory or specialty shop in my area.

Hi, my zip code is 07748 and I would like to know where I can find fully latex mattresses in my area that are made from high quality materials. I am looking online and like what sleepez and cozypure have to offer, but would like to find something locally if possible.

Hi thebloody9,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Middletown, NJ area (subject to the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here. The only one on the list which I know sells an all latex mattress is Monmouth Mattress in Red Bank which sells OMI (Organicpedic) but these are in higher budget ranges so I would make some very careful value comparisons.

There are more all latex options in the list for the Monroe Township, NJ area in post #7 here but they are a little further away.

Phoenix

Would it be beneficial to try laying on the OMI (Organicpedic) to get an idea of what I like before ordering a sleepez, or is it pointless as there is a big difference in quality?

Hi thebloody9,

It would be a good idea to try some latex mattresses if possible just to make sure that you like the general feel of latex itself and also which type of latex you tend to prefer.

Organicpedic uses 100% natural Talalay and 100% natural Dunlop in their mattresses depending on the mattress and SleepEZ also provides the option to choose 100% natural Talalay or 100% natural Dunlop in their mattresses (or blended Talalay as well). The 100% natural Dunlop in the OMI is certified organic but this doesn’t make a qualitative difference in the latex in terms of feel, performance, or durability. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here,

The difference between them would be in the designs of the mattresses (the firmness and thickness of the layers) and in the specifics of the covers and quilting … not in the quality of the materials. OMI doesn’t disclose the firmness of their layers so they really won’t provide a benchmark that you can use to “translate” the layering combination of any of their mattresses into a different layering combination used by SleepEZ outside of just a general sense of whether you tend to prefer softer or firmer mattresses.

So I think it would be a good idea to try some latex mattresses but they won’t be all that useful for deciding which of the SleepEZ combinations will “match” any of their specific mattresses. When you can’t test a mattress in person then I would make sure you talk with them on the phone about your firmness choice because the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation on the phone with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or even to other mattresses that they happen to be familiar with) than anyone else.

Phoenix