Help/Suggestions: Leesa v. Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

Love the site!
I have been doing as much reading as possible on these mattresses. Moving from a Spring Air mattress and going to one of these two. Looking for any suggestions/comments OR IF THERE may be a different route to take, Then by all means pass along your information… My budget is $1000.
Thanks!
P.S. This is worse than shopping for a car, too many choices. whew!

Hi R.L.,

I’m assuming that you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here but two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

I would also keep in mind that as long as the materials in a mattress you are considering are durable enough for your body type and meet the guidelines here … the choice between different types and combinations of materials and components or different types of mattresses (see this article) are more of a preference and a budget choice than a “better/worse” choice.

There is also more about choosing one of the online “simplified choice” mattresses in post #1 here and there are some comments about Leesa and the BestMattressEver and many of the other simplified choice mattresses in post #2 here of the same topic.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (which would include Flobeds) and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

There are many other sources of good quality/value mattresses outside of the simplified choice mattresses and if you are looking at an online purchase the tutorial also includes several links to some of the better online options I’m aware of (in the optional online step).

There may also be some local choices that are well worth considering as well that you can try in person before a purchase and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area as well.

Phoenix