Help us find a new king

Hi there, my boyfriend and I are moving in together and searching for a new king mattress. He has a memory foam Amazon mattress that cost $300 that is firm and has held up well (not off our current prospect list). I sleep well on his mattress but I prefer something a little softer. I have a nectar premier which is AWFUL. No edge support, I sink into the mattress, lower back pain now and only had it for 6 months. I fell to the marketing scheme of really great reviews. He is 160lb male 5’9 and I am 130lb female 5’4. He sleeps on his stomach and I am a side sleeper. He prefers firm and I prefer a medium to soft. We like to stay on the more natural side where possible as far as ingredients but latex is an option.

We went to mattress firm to lay on some in person, where we of course fell in love with tempurpedic, but were not ready to spend that much. Had an issue finding any other that the firmness seemed to be agreeable for both of us.

Visited Saatva and liked the solaire and the classic luxury firm which is a medium, but then came across some terrible reviews and are starting g from ground zero again.

Are there affordable split kings that are not “glorified air mattresses” or is there another suggestion that would be helpful? We’re located near Dallas TX.

Hi Brianna,
QSS should answer you question, but I would just like to clarify. When you are referring to a “split king” are you considering a split king as in two twin xl’s or a split internal king where the mattress is a standard king mattress with the comfort layer split into two firmness’s.

Maverick

Hey there, I’m hoping for something that’s one bed that we can each have a separate firmness. Open to other options but worried about the seam of two mattresses and the comfortability of that

1 Like

You have a lot of options in that genre, and I will show you one example, and let QSS respond, since you directed your question to them in the TTTE section of the forum. Click here Split internal King or queen If you simulate as if you are choosing a mattress, select king and then firmness, you will see the option for split firmness. You would never know it was split until you lay on each side of the mattress and feel the different firmness level or unzipped it and looked at the different foams internally.
Hope this helps.

Maverick

Hi Brianna, Quality Sleep Shop was tagged but we are located in IL. There is another Quality Sleep Shop that is not affiliated with us but is located in Texas. We’d be happy to answer any questions we can. In our location we would offer 2 TXL mattresses to make a King. We do not have a hinge King mattress.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks!
Quality Sleep Shop