Help with Choice of Latex Topper vs Presto Customizable Mattress non latex MFC

Hello I have been lurking for a while and today decided that I need to ask for Advise. Here are the details. 41 yr old female 5’6 170lbs - stomach sleeper, but have had to change to side sleeper for back issues. In the last 5 years I started to develop lower back pain after waking up in the morning. I have now gone through 3 different mattresses and am in the trial period for the last one. The mattress that was ok for me was just a normal coil mattress from Costco (don’t have any details) it had lasted about 10 years and then had a bad sag. So the mattress craziness began. We purchased a Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress from amazon. The specs aren’t very clear, but it was 3" memory foam + 2 Inch comport Foam + 7" high density base support foam. This one did last about a year before the serious back pain started, but it also created a crater that was hard to move around in. Also slept very hot. It was a queen. So then we decided to move up to a king as it would give more room for me to toss and turn. We moved to the King Mattress 10 Inch, Inofia Pocket Coil & Memory Foam Hybrid Bed Mattress from amazon. This is the product info on that mattress.

nofia™ 10-inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid King Mattress.
Featuring a traditional memory foam mattress with premium support of pocket coil springs for a more durable, responsive, and supportive bed mattress.
Achieving the balance of sleeping comfort and support is better for your overall health.

Construction (Materials & Quality)
cover – micro carbon fiber, luxuriously soft, breathable for airflow
soft foam – filled with air holes for comfort and airflow
memory foam – contours to your body curve. Relieving pressure points
hard fiber layer – dual-cool for airflow and prevent you from feeling the springs
individual pocket coils – flexible, high bounce, support your full body, especially align your spine
fabric base – anti-slip, durable, offers deep support and stability

ADVANTAGE
Pressure Relief: :heavy_check_mark:
Spine Alignment: :heavy_check_mark:
Responsiveness: Great
Edge Support: Great
Cool sleep climate: Great
Motion Transfer Reduce: :heavy_check_mark:

This was purchased in May of this year and already has a huge body imprint that I can barley roll out of. For the purpose of this post I will call this the Hybrid.
Then we purchased the king Endy aprox 22 days ago. We are still in the trial period and I am pretty sure we are going to send back. My pain is just as bad if not worse and I can already feel the different areas where the support has “disappeared”

I have done my research and am considering two different options and would like some input. I also want to mention that I live in the middle of nowhere in Canada and can’t go try out any types of mattresses at all right now. I would have to drive over an hour and it would put me in a COVID red zone and I am not really willing to take that chance. I have not slept on Latex.

So what I am considering is the PRESTO CLASSIC CUSTOMIZABLE MATTRESS from MFC split King or the ORGANIC DUNLOP LATEX TOPPER WITH ORGANIC COTTON SLEEVE to put on top of the Hybrid that was purchased a few months ago. What do you think? I am not sure if the topper will be enough to take the sag out of the hybrid mattress. As far as what I like to sleep in…I don’t really care at all. I just want to not wake up with back pain and not sweat all fringing night. If you are leaning towards the customizable would I customize any of the layers more or just keep with what the website has?

Also my partner is a female 230lbs 5’6 and doesn’t really have much pain while sleeping other than the odd night of hip pain. Side Sleeper.

Any and all help is appreciated. Also there is a sale on MFG right now for both of these products, but I can’t for the life of me see when the sale ends? I want to purchase during the sale, but want to get some advise here before I do so.

Hi smallieollie,

A topper will not correct the sag in your mattress. Toppers are designed to add a comfort layer to a mattress that does not sag but it too firm and needs some pressure relief qualities. As for the Presto Classic we suggest you get the mattress with the layers we suggest on our webpage. Because it’s made with a variety of high density foams, It offers many comfort options for all types of sleepers and the flexibility to rearrange the layers to fine tune your support and comfort needs.

[quote]
Also there is a sale on MFC right now for both of these products, but I can’t for the life of me see when the sale ends? I want to purchase during the sale, but want to get some advise here before I do so
[/quote] We have sales throughout the year, but this sale will be on until black Friday.

Did I answer all your questions?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!

Mario

[hr]

NOTE FROM TMU ADMINISTRATOR
Hi smallieollie! We see you are in great hands here with MFC. In accordance with our methods for maintaining forum organization, we have deleted your duplicate from the general forum.

Thanks for the response. So I am in a bit of a pickle, and I am not sure what to do. We called Endy yesterday to start the return process. Because of COVID and me being in the middle of no where they don’t have someone to come pick up the mattress. We have to wait for 30 days to see if anyone can get it. If not it will be for us to dispose of. I am not really into throwing shit in the garbage for no reason. So if they can’t pick it up, then we will end up keeping it and I would want the Latex Topper. If they do pick it up then I would want the Presto Customizable. The problem is that I can’ t really afford the regular price of the Presto. So I am in a catch 22 as your sale is going to end before the 30 days that I have to wait expire. (Dec 23) Is there a possibility that both of these products would be back on sale for Boxing Day? Is there anyway that we could hold the price on either of these two until I hear back from Endy? I am going to purchase one of these from you, just not sure which one yet. Also do you think with what I said about sleep position etc that I will be ok with the Presto? I am really trying to find something that is going to last more than 1 year. Thanks again for your help.

Hi smallieollie,

Yes the sale will be on until the holiday season, so there’s nothing to worry about.

The Classic Presto is a customizable mattress with up to 16 firmness options to choose from, so the chances that you’ll find your comfort zone are greatly superior to a traditional mattress. Furthermore is comes with a 20 year warranty for your peace of mind.

All the best

That is great news. Thanks so much.