Help with deciding which company to go with!

Five years ago my husband and I wanted to go chemical free and purchased a wool mattress–a huge mistake as now I wake up every morning in terrible back pain due to the unevenness of the mattress! In researching again for a chemical free bed we have decided to go with latex. I want a company with a good return policy, as our last mattress wasn’t cheap and I don’t want to get stuck with a horrible mattress again. I also like the idea also of being able to customize our bed. After perusing your site (sooo happy I found it!), I have narrowed it down to Sleep EZ and Arizona Premium Mattress Company. Do you have any words of wisdom as to which of these companies might be a better fit for what I am looking for? Thank you!

Hi sungirl,

I don’t know enough about you or the criteria that are most important to you and there are too many unknowns, variables, and preferences involved to be able to give you a meaningful answer. There is no such thing as “the best” in general so all I can do is to help with how to identify the criteria that are most important to you so you can choose which one is “best for you”. Arizona Premium and SleepEZ are both members of this site and like all the members here (and many other manufacturers and retailers that aren’t yet) I believe they both compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. Either one would make a great choice … especially compared to almost all of the choices that the large majority of consumers would otherwise end up making.

The first place I would always start (just in case you haven’t seen it yet) is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … for you.

If you are looking for “chemical free” or “safe” materials then I would also read post #2 here so that you are clear on the criteria for “safety” that are most important to you and on the differences between all the different terminology you will encounter such as organic, natural, chemical free, green, and safe and the differences and similarities between them so you can make informed choices about which materials fit your criteria and you are most comfortable with.

Once you are clear on the type of materials (or the type of latex) that you prefer then post #13 here has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you compare mattresses and companies and make a final choice based on all the objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you and that you place “value” on.

This should give you all the information and guidelines that you will need so that this time you can make the choice that is “best for you” and if your final choices are down to Arizona Premium and SleepEZ then it would be difficult to make a mistake :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Just wanted to say that we decided to go with Sleep EZ and have had my latex mattress for two weeks now and absolutely love it! I ended up with the 10 in organic latex mattress with three layers and I sleep so well now. Sleep EZ answered all my questions and were not pushy, and I really appreciated their help. Plus the MU discount from here was pretty nice too! :slight_smile:

Hi sungirl,

Thanks for your comments and feedback and for letting us know what you ended up deciding … I appreciate it.

You certainly made a great choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix