Help with getting a Latex mattress ASAP

I have been waiting for a memory foam mattress from Novosbed. It is supposed to be shipped out sometime this week. Well… today I had an opportunity to try out a Latex bed and after doing that I now know I don’t want a memory foam bed. My husband doesn’t care what we get as long as we get rid of the old bed. I am now cancelling my order with Novosbed and I need to find a quality latex manufacture that can get me a mattress quickly. I know you have a number of manufacturers that you think highly of, but I would like to know which ones ship quickly.

Can anyone recommend any quality latex manufacturers that can get me two mattresses quickly? Also, these mattresses (Twin XL) will be on an adjustable (both head and feet) foundation. What height should I stay within with a latex mattress on an adjustable foundation. I have read here that beds should be 12" high max on an adjustable foundation and I wanted to know if that was just for memory foam and if latex had a different height recommendation.

Hi Geekymom1,

As you know the mattress shopping tutorial includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) that all compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, transparency, and knowledge and many of them sell latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex that have a wide range of different designs, options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices that that would be well worth considering.

Unfortunately I don’t know their manufacturing and shipping times off the top of my head so you would need to call them to find out how long it would take each of them to ship a mattress to your location.

Phoenix

Thank you. I have been looking at FoamSweetFoam. Their website estimates arrival by Friday. Their customer service is open tomorrow so I can find out if that would be the case and also have the chance to talk with a rep to make sure we order the correct configurations. There are a couple of others that I will try to talk with tomorrow if they are open, but I am limited to whoever is open tomorrow because I have promised my husband I will get a mattress this week. SleepEZ is also open tomorrow and I will call them too.

And as rushed as I am, I am glad I found a store with one available to experience the feel.

Last thing. Is the recommended height for a latex mattress on an adjustable bed foundation also 12"? My husband and I are not lightweights and I would like to get the most mattress height I can get.

Hi Geekymom,

Sorry I skipped over your question in my last reply.

Latex is very elastic and flexible and will contour to the bends in an adjustable bed very effectively so an all latex mattress up to 12" thick (and sometimes even a little thicker depending on the specifics of the mattress) will generally be fine on an adjustable bed.

Phoenix

I have made my (let’s hope) final decision. I cancelled my order with Novosbed. I kinda feel bad because their customer service has been so wonderful, but I didn’t want them to spend money shipping out an order I know I will return. I chose to order my latex mattresses from FoamSweetFoam.com, although I was mistaken that their customer service was open today. I used their website recommendations to make my order decisions.

I ordered one 12" Twin XL mattress with four 3" layers for my husband:
top layer - med Talalay
2nd layer - firm Dunlop
3rd layer - X-firm Dunlop
4th layer - X-firm Dunlop

And I ordered one 12" Twin XL mattress with four 3" layers for me:
top layer - med Talalay
2nd layer - firm Dunlop
3rd layer - firm Dunlop
4th layer - X-firm Dunlop

Hi Geekymom1,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (which would include Foam Sweet Foam) who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept well on and liked that they are familiar with, any special considerations you may have, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about helping you to “match” their specific mattress designs or firmness options to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences or even to other mattresses that they are familiar with than anyone else so that in combination with your own personal testing you can make the “best possible” choice with the highest chance of success.

I would suggest calling them tomorrow so that you can talk to them in person about your layer firmness choices because I would personally trust the guidance of a manufacturer more than using more generic online suggestions.

Phoenix

Thank you for the advice. I did call customer service today. They were very confident that I made the right choices with the mattresses and it was comforting to be reassured. I will now wait until the end of the week to enjoy my new mattresses.

Hi Geekymom1,

that’s good to hear :slight_smile:

Phoenix