Help with new Latex mattress

We currently have a Kingsdown pocket coil mattress that is killing our hips and backs, we paid 3000 + for it less than 18 months ago and it’s already sagging where we sleep, it’s a. Non flip one by the way
After some research it looks like we should maybe have gone with our first instinct and purchased a Latex mattress instead
Yesterday we looked at a Dunlop latex mattress, we’re told it was a 9" in total, 6" base and 3" topper. We were told that the base would be 2 pieces?, how would we decide about our weight to ratio for which one to buy?
What about the Noah ?
Are there any brands that are better or worst?
Help!,
Thanks

Hello 99north and welcome to the forums! I’d be happy to make a more detailed recommendation, I would just need to ask a few questions. If you don’t mind me asking, about how tall are you, about how much do you weigh, and do you normally sleep on your side, stomach, or back?

As for the answered to your last 2 questions, I would start by reading other peoples’ experiences in the general forums to give you more insight to the different companies that are out there.

Thanks for the reply
I’m 6-1 230 and my wife is 5-4 168
I’m wondering if a latex mattress is the way to go, the store says a foundation of 6" and a top of 3" this sound slim to me?
I’ve read about Noah latex company where the foundation is 8" and the top is 4"
It’s a world of mystery mattress,s

OK great! Based on the information you’ve provided, we would normally recommend 9" of latex (three 3" layers) in a cotton & wool cover, with 3" of medium Talalay for the top layer, 3" of medium Dunlop for the middle layer, and 3" of firm Dunlop for the bottom layer for your side and 3" of soft Talalay for the top layer, 3" of medium Dunlop for the middle layer, and 3" of firm Dunlop for the bottom layer for your partner’s side. The top Talalay layer should provide all the contour and pressure relief needed to avoid any pressure point issues and will add secondary support to the mattress. Secondary support is needed to fill in the gaps between your body and the mattress – back sleepers normally need secondary support to fill in the gaps between the small of their back and the mattress; side sleepers normally need secondary support to fill in the gaps between their mid-section and the mattress. If these parts of a person’s body aren’t supported by the mattress, their muscles will work throughout the night to hold these parts of the body up, and by the time they wake up they’ve got back pain. So the top 3" of Talalay latex will provide contour, pressure relief, and secondary support. The remaining Dunlop layers should provide all the support needed to maintain proper spinal alignment and avoid back pain. Please keep in mind that our initial recommendations have a 90% success rate (we only have a 10% layer exchange rate and a 3%-4% return rate) so there’s a 90% chance that the above recommendation works perfectly for you.

Even though the bottom 2 layers would be the same, I would still recommend splitting all of your layers. About 95% of our mattresses go out with all split layers from top to bottom, and we get zero complaints on being able to feel the split and we get zero complaints about the layers shifting or anything like that. If all of your layers are split, you will always be able to adjust your side without affecting your partner’s side and vice versa, and you’ll have that option for the entire 20 year lifespan of the mattress. Additionally, the mattress will be easier to assemble, easier to move if needed, easier to do any layers exchanges if needed, and easier to return if needed. There really are no downsides to having all split layers.

Aside from all that, please note that your question came into the “ask the experts” section of the forum, so this is just one company’s opinion, and I did answer this question from Sleep EZ even though you asked it in the Latex Mattress Factory section of the experts forum. If you’d like to get the opinions of general consumers, I’d recommend reading through the posts that are already in the general forum, because with the amount of time that the Mattress Underground has been around, and with the level of expertise that they answer all their posts, I’m sure your questions have already been answered somewhere else in the forum!