Help!

Hi Phoenix,

I’ve been reading your web-site for a few days. I didn’t see any of your participating members locally where I live. There was one in Seattle, yet the memory foam matresses that I’d be interested in started at 2600. I watched most of Jeff’s video’s on Youtube to continue to educate myself. He recommended the pure latex bliss mattress yet I noticed the manufactorer wasn’t responding to a consumers problems recently on your web-site. Also, they appear to be quite expensive as well. Is there any chance you can help guide me? I am 5’11, 140 lbs. height, weight proportionate with no injuries… My husband is the same height and weighs around 175 with no injuries… I’m a side sleeper, and he is side and sometimes back. I feel achy almost daily from our current crummy bead. I need something to support my pressure points. I thought we’d get a memory foam and am now considering the latex. Bottom line, I don’t know where to turn. I’ve gone to a few of the local dealers, and they struck me as trying to sensation sell me. I’d like to find a high quality mattress that will be durable, provide the proper support for my issues , doesn’t make me hot, has good customer service and stands behind what they sell, and is soft enough for me to fall asleep easily and stay asleep for a good value.To give you an idea of what felt comfortable to me, the one mattress that I considered recently, was the I comfort directions plush. I’d prefer not to pay top dollar for a bed mixed with high and low quality materials that may break down and not be covered by the warranty. So, again, I’m truly overwhelmed, but the longer I take, the more pain I have to endure. At this point, I sleep very little because I’m too busy tossing and turning all night. Recently, I took an Aleve and I slept decent. I shouldn’t have to rely on pain relievers to sleep!
Thanks for your consideration, and a great web-site to help people try to sort out the confusion on what they need. Oh, and my budget would be around 2,000. I would hope this would include a box spring and shipping if need be.
Steph
Thanks,

Steph

Hi travandsteph,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choice no matter what your budget range or the types of mattresses you may tend to prefer. It will also help you to know how and why to avoid the worst choices.

There isn’t a member of the site in the Seattle area that sells memory foam mattresses but if you are at step 3 in the tutorial post and are ready to start testing mattresses then the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Seattle area are listed in post #2 here.

Nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress and this link in the tutorial post talks about how there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for someone to know which mattress may be the best match for someone else based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance”. The only effective way to choose a mattress that is likely to be a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) is either with careful testing using the testing guidelines or when you can’t test a mattress in person then with a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced online retailer or manufacturer who can help “talk you through” the options that they have available and who will know more about “matching” their mattresses to different body types and sleeping styles based on “averages” than anyone else.

If you follow all the steps in the tutorial one at a time you will have the best possible chance of making a great choice. I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way. :slight_smile:

Phoenix