Hidden in plain sight!

Good to hear! Glad you’re enjoying your Buis mattress.

I don’t have the receipt with. Near as i recall the name is slightly different but the mattress would be the same.

We’re coming from a memory foam back to an innerspring mattress. My partner is one half my size . I don’t feel her when she gets up. She definitely feels me. However, with the motion control, no flame retardant and mattress protector/pad perhaps that will be abated.

If Buis advertises it isn’t where I would see it (print/tv) or hear it (radio). In a part of Holland that I seldom get to. However, they are doing something right. I saw the delivery schedule with 2-4 deliveries scheduled everyday and 6 on Friday (none on Saturday). Takes alot of mattress sales to buy enough kibbles to feed three dogs.

BTW, the dogs were kept in the office off the main showroom. They were not back in the manufacturing or storage part of the building. Looked like this was a special treat for them to come along on a Saturday morning.

Photo of Buis queen mattress and foundation

Hi aimless1,

Thank you for taking the time to check back in and offer a photo of your new mattress. Very nice! I look forward to future updates and I hope it performs as well for you as it looks.

Phoenix

Thanks for a photo of your new mattress!

We have a different mattress, I see–don’t think we have as much cushioning on top as you have. Our bed frame was originally quite high off the floor (4 poster bed) so bed height was a concern for us. Our bed is even just slightly taller now with the new foundation, bunkie board, and mattress, but we are very happy with it. and thankfully knew what to expect from our planning. I love to hop up into it, fall asleep in it, wake up in it, and even make it! :slight_smile:

I’m eager to hear what you think of your new mattress as well, once you’ve slept on it.

We moved from a memory foam back to the innerspring. It’s going to take a bit of adjustment. I’d say we’re in the dating stage at this point. Figure a week to two weeks to adjust. 2 nights does justify an opinion either way.

I can’t imagine the bed being much higher. I’m 6’2" and I stretch to reach the bed. My bride is 5’3" and it’s entertainment to watch her get in bed. :wink: Hope we enjoy our new mattress as much as you do yours!

First week - I’m loving the new mattress, partner isn’t. She loves the support but needs it “softer”. Next up, add a mattress pad. :lol:

HI Aimless1,

As you’ve only had the product for one week, there will still be some “false firmness” in the mattress and it should soften a bit more in the next month or so. If possible, I’d recommend holding off on getting a topper or pad, just in case you don’t find it necessary after your new mattress has a more “broken-in” comfort that more accurately reflects what it will feel like moving forward. But if you have to add some comfort, there certainly are a myriad of offerings in mattress pads and toppers available.

Phoenix

We removed the Luna mattress protector which is advertised to be waterproof. I had noticed when putting it on the mattress that the surface seemed somewhat rigid. My thinking is that this may be the cause of the “hard” or “false firmness” feeling.

Put on an old mattress pad which is not waterproof. Noticeable difference. The mattress feels “softer” or less firm. We’ll give it a week and see how this goes.

BTW, we don’t need the protector to be waterproof but I didn’t see an option for a non waterproof Luna protector. We’ll take it to our seasonal and use it on the Queen sofa bed when our young grandchildren visit.

Just an idea that worked for us–

We added a plush mattress pad and thought yes–good improvement!
Then we layered another exact same mattress pad on top of the first–GREAT improvement!
(Got the suggestion from a satisfied reviewer of the mattress pad we purchased).

Both fit just fine under the our fitted sheet. Maybe seems like “overkill” but it worked so well for us that I thought maybe you’d like to consider that! No specialized topper needed!

Thanks for the suggestion. Great idea!

Hi riverrapids,

Thanks for your input and suggestion!

Phoenix

Mattress pads helped. Sadly, not enough.

Mark @ Buis was kind enough to load us a foam pad (4 lb) to see if that helps. Early indication is that it does.

To be continued.

Hi Aimless1,

Coming from your memory foam product after three weeks it seems as if it’s still a bit of an adjustment for you, so I hope the topper will help you with that. I’m glad Mark was able to loan you something to test out. The good news is that the mattress will still become a bit more plush over time, but hopefully this pad will help you out and provide you more comfort, and it may be that you simply prefer the feel of memory foam for your upper comfort layer.

I’m looking forward to your next update.

Phoenix

Going from 17 years on memory foam to inner springs is an adjustment … sinking in to floating on top. So that’s certainly part of it. Having the mattress break in takes time and we get that as well. Just taking small steps to get to where we’re both happy.

My cloudy crystal ball is that the topper gets us through the adjustment period. After that we’ll probably use it at our seasonal or keep it and use it during the winter to snuggle in on cold winter nights :slight_smile:

Hi Aimless1,

It sounds like you are on a the right track and clearly being realistic in managing your expectations. Impressive!

Phoenix

Topper ordered, to be ready Friday pm

I have been struck by how much a small change can affect the feel of a mattress. Feels perfect in the store, but of course it has no sheet or mattress protector.

Add a mattress protector - change
Add fitted sheet - change
Add mattress pad - change
Add mattress topper - change

And of course there is variation within each one of these categories and no doubt I left out other items that can affect the feel.

The one constant has been the mattress. It has always been the right mattress and it’s just been a matter of us adjusting to it and adjusting it to us.

Glad you seemingly found just the right combination that works for you! Your bed just got a bit taller too, but will be a luxury to climb up into. :slight_smile: Hope you continue to enjoy it.

It was a process for us too with a two extra plush mattress pads, a mattress protector, and a tight cotton fitted sheet. It’s so worth it–our bed gives such good support and comfort. Absolutely the best bed we ever had. :slight_smile:

Hi Aimless1 and riverrapids,

Thank you both for your continuing feedback.

You both point out how every layer changed will impact the overall feel of a mattress, with the top of bed products having a more dramatic impact than most people expect.

Thanks for the updates.

Phoenix

We have a winner :slight_smile: The “pillow top” topper was the missing piece. Two happy sleepers.

Current combo:
Buis 400 innerspring mattress
4 lb foam topper
Luna mattress pad
Organic cotton sheets
Other bedding for the cold weather

Hi Aimless1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide an update. I’m happy the topper provided the extra amount of surface plushness that you were trying to find.

I hope you’ll be able to post back again down the road and let everyone know how this new combination is working for you both long-term.

Phoenix