Holder Specifications

Hi Phoenix,

I have been reading your website and shopping around and I think I have decided on a mattress from the Holder location in Muncie In. I work nearby and I like that the mattress is made in house. Prices are very reasonable and I can customize. That said I am not sure if I am getting the right information when I ask about what each layer is made of. The layers of the mattress I am looking at are below:

6 turn coil
13 gauge wire
Padded with – netting over springs
Insulator pad over spring
Layers of Foam
2lb per inch ¾ in – urethane foam
1.8 lb foam
Pillow top urethrane foam –

All foam is untreated

Do I need to know more to determine the durability of this mattress? If so, what?

Thanks!

Rebecca

Hi rkpappas,

[quote]6 turn coil
13 gauge wire
Padded with – netting over springs
Insulator pad over spring
Layers of Foam
2lb per inch ¾ in – urethane foam
1.8 lb foam
Pillow top urethrane foam –

All foam is untreated

Do I need to know more to determine the durability of this mattress? If so, what?[/quote]

The specifics of the information you would need is in this article. The specs you listed are missing the thickness of at least one of the polyfoam layers but if all the polyfoam in the mattress is 1.8 lbs or higher (density isn’t connected to the thickness so it’s not “per inch”) then there would be no obvious weak link in the mattress.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here but if the mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences), and if you have confirmed that all the polyfoam layers are 1.8 lbs or higher, and it also compares well to your other finalists based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you, then it would certainly be well worth serious consideration as a purchase.

Phoenix