Hopelessly Confused!

Hi TanJent,

Thanks for taking the time to share another update … I appreciate it :).

It sounds like you are most of the way there but that you still have a little way to go to reach your “ideal” and it may take a little bit of trial and error to get there.

Yes … a separate topper can act a little bit more independently and can be a little softer and more contouring compared to having the same layer inside a cover. You’ve probably read these already but there is more about this in posts #3 and #4 here and in this topic and it could be the reason for the difference.

Now that you are familiar with the “feel” of your mattress I think that a trip to the store to try some different options would be a good idea so you can get a better sense of how they compare to what you are sleeping on now.

It may also be worth trying your mattress both with and without the wool mattress pad to see if this makes any difference as well. Sometimes a thicker wool topper can also make a difference for people who are very sensitive and I know that there are many people with fibromyalgia that do very well with the more “relaxed” feel of a wool topper compared to the more resilient feel of being more directly on the latex so this may also be worth testing when you take a trip to the store.

I know it can be frustrating to try and find the best combination when you are facing challenging circumstances but if you find your ideal combination then the time and effort it takes will certainly be worth it.

I’m looking forward to any updates you have the chance to share after another trip to the store.

Phoenix