Hotel Collection by Aireloom @ Macys

Need some advice. Im a side/back sleeper. I’m 6’2 185lbs with broad shoulders and a pronounced curve in my lower back.

I have looked all over Atlanta at every mattress store I could find. The mattress that feels most comfortable to me is listed below; Sold at Macys.

My only concern is longevity. My current Spring Air Four Seasons pillow top produced impressions after about 2 years, so I steered clear of Pillow tops in general.

I cant find the construction materials used anywhere.

Hotel Collection by Aireloom Vitagenic Streamline Cushion Firm Mattress Sets

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/hotel-collection-by-aireloom-vitagenic-streamline-cushion-firm-mattress-sets?ID=1309105&CategoryID=25931#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D7%26kws%3Dhotel%20collection%20mattresses%26searchType%3Dac%26slotId%3D4

Web ID: 1309105

Product Details
Impeccable craftsmanship sets this bed apart from the rest. The hand-tufted mattress features high-density quilting foams, an outer tufted panel for ultimate surface support & a unique Luxetop™ design that provides deep-down comfort where you need it most.
Made in USA
Comfort level: cushion firm
only@macy’s
Mattress type: Latex
Sleep style: combination side, back & stomach
Mattress height: 13.5"
Quilting layers: high-density quilting foams combined with an outer-tufted panel to provide ultimate surface support
Adjustable bed compatible
Comfort layers: layers of talalay latex for a supportive feel
Additional features: hand-tufted mattress
Luxetop™ design features a relaxed tufted panel that provides deeper comfort levels
Edge construction: foam-encased perimeter edge
Available box spring heights: 9" standard, 5" low-profile
Boxspring construction: semi-flex design
25-year warranty (10 years non-prorated)
Meets federal fire retardant safety standard

Hi Lysoleverywhere,

The information you need to assess whether a mattress has a weak link in terms of durability and make meaningful comparisons to other mattresses is in this article and it’s not likely that you will be able to find out the information you need for the mattress you are looking at which is why I would generally avoid Aireloom unless this information is available to you (see this article).

You can read more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here and while PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) is always most important … there would be little value in purchasing a mattress that feels great at first but loses the comfort and support that is the reason why you purchased it much too quickly relative to the price you paid. The loss of comfort and support isn’t covered by a warranty.

As you can see in the mattress shopping guidelines here I would avoid buying any mattress where you don’t know the quality of the materials inside it because the risk of buyers remorse much too quickly is much too high.

The mattress shopping tutorial here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Phoenix

Hi, Lysoleverywhere, did you buy the Hotel Collection by Aireloom Vitagenic Streamline Cushion Firm Mattress Set sold in Macy’s? I like it too, and I’m thinking of buying it. It’s the most comfortable mattress I found. But because it has a very thick cushiony surface on top, I’m worried that it will develop body impressions. If you bought it, are you happy with it? Is it showing any signs or sagging or body impressions? Thanks.