Houston mattress factory closed

I sadly have to deliver this news: Houston mattress factory is no more. I drove by the other day and noticed a for lease sign. All my mattresses are from this store and the owners are terrific people. I know the lady owner was in bad health and Michael didn’t sound great on the phone the other day when I called and asked him how he was. Looks like alesi mattress is the last homemade shop in Houston.

1 Like

Wow. I’d have thought a giant market like Houston could sustain a couple of mattress factories. Local businesses are just getting slaughtered, aren’t they? I’m in NM, and we have two mattress makers: one regular mattress factory that makes unbelievably low quality mattresses (like, you can smell them degassing toxic fumes in the showroom), and one place in Santa Fe that makes very expensive all natural mattresses that I can’t afford. I was thinking of ordering from Dallas Natural Mattress or Houston Natural Mattress. I think they’re the same company. Do you know if they sell mattresses made in Texas, or are they distributors of other companies’ mattresses? I thought their “Austin Mattress Co.” line would be made in Austin, but when I looked up the name, I only see a manufacturer called that in California.

They’re not going out of business!! They’re just moving and building a new production facility and showroom. So, for now, they’re only taking orders for custom-size mattresses, but once they’ve finished the new facility, they’ll be selling standard-size mattresses again. I’m in NM, and I was planning to order from HMF too, so I called and asked. Owner got back to me within 15 minutes. Seems like a great company.

Yes I made a thread stating it’s open

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/houston-mattress-factory-open-again/