How can I find something comparable to the Beautyrest Black?

Hi
We live in the Boston area and tested out beds at both Jordan’s and Cardi’s furniture. Each time we ended up in a Beautyrest Black Kate luxury firm or Hope luxury firm. We have a lot of pain and pressure points and really felt relief on these mattresses. I’m concerned that this won’t hold up and also would like to choose something other than an “S” brand. I just don’t know exactly how to go about it.

We currently sleep on a king innerspring that is 12 years old and needs to be replaced urgently. I recently hurt my back and now wake up with back pain so bad I can barely walk. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi BostonBed,

Your concern about the quality and durability of the materials in the Beautyrest (and other major brands) is justified and as you can see in the guidelines here I would tend to avoid major brand mattresses that use lower quality materials or any mattress where you can’t verify the quality of the materials inside them.

The tutorial post here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

You are fortunate to be in the Boston area because there are many good options in the area. The Boston list is in post #2 here.

If you do some careful and objective testing using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post you should have no difficulty finding a mattress that is just as suitable for you (and probably more so) as the mattresses you were looking at in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief) and uses much better quality and more durable materials and has much better “value” as well.

Phoenix