How do I compare a Simmons from Sleepys to a Simmons on Amazon?

We are looking to replace our Westin Heavenly Bed after 10 plus years. I recently made a visit to Sleepy’s and liked the
simmons beautyrest recharge shakespeare firm mattress. I been trying to compare the model to other retailers and on Amazon.
“shakespear” appears to be a sleepy’s model. Is there a list of what that would compare too?

http://www.sleepys.com/simmons---beautyrest-beautyrest-world-class-recharge-shakespeare-luxury-firm-super-pillowtop-mattress-SI6828.html#prefn1=dw_mattress_type&prefn2=zone_code&prefv2=US|970&prefv1=Pillow+Top&start=1

This is the one on Amazon almost a $1000 cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Simmons-Beautyrest-Recharge-Mattress-Boxspring/dp/B00DQVH5TY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414876648&sr=8-1&keywords=simmons+beautyrest+recharge+shakespeare+firm+mattress

Any ideas?

Hi dlevine61,

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here but the only way to know whether one mattress is the same as another one would be to match the specifics of the foam layers and components inside both mattresses (see here). While Simmons does make the same mattress under different names that are sold by different retailers so they can “claim” that they are exclusive (often just with a different cover), to know whether two mattresses are the same you would need to match the specs of the innerspring and foam layers layer by layer. If they are exactly the same then the mattresses would be the same … and if they aren’t then the mattresses would be different. Unfortunately … Simmons doesn’t normally provide the specific information that you would need to be able to make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses or make an informed choice.

The Mattress being sold at Sleepy’s is a Beautyrest World Class mattress which is in the higher end or their range while the mattress being sold on Amazon is a Classic which is in the lower end of their range that uses an innerspring with a lower coil count and different thinner foam layers. Having said that … even the highest end Simmons mattresses use lower quality materials in their mattresses that would be a significant weak link in terms of durability and I wouldn’t consider any of them (see the guidelines here).

I would strongly encourage you to “reset” how you are looking for a mattress and I would start with the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choice … and even more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones including either one of the mattresses you are considering.

Phoenix