how do i know this is the right mattress?!?!

Ok tried the castleton firm plush- big time ouch!!
lower back feels ok, but upper back and shoulder blades pain is massive!
No sleeping beyond 4 hours without getting up and moving to the couch with a heating pad and ibuprofen
So I made a poor choice
Able to return (thank goodness!!)
Now thinking of stearns and foster Scarborough plush vs
Beauty rest Thompson plush
I just feel after so much research everything seems to get a bad mark or two
How do I know what to buy and what will allow a great night sleep?

Hi tilly,

There is more about the different ways to choose a mattress (either locally or online) and how to identify and minimize the risks involved with each of them in post #2 here.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses and help you decide which mattress is “right for you” based on all the criteria that are most important to you regardless of whether the same mattress would be “right” for anyone else that has different needs and preferences or different criteria that are important to them.

The best place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones. I would tend to avoid the major brands such as Stearns & Foster or Simmons or any mattress that includes either lower quality materials or where you aren’t able to find out the types and quality of the materials inside it at all (see the guidelines here).

Phoenix