How to compare high end mattress materials

Definitely head down to Norfolk for a trip to Cozy Pure. We have one set here in Richmond, now 12 years old, and new set for down in Va Beach, about a year old. You can try lots of combos in the show room.

1 Like

I must say that Hastens Superia @TheCleanBedroom is some kind of mattress system. Woah! Who wouldn’t want that one! Donations welcome. LOL

1 Like

There is one Superia floor model selling on clearance for 50% off, so fewer donations would be needed :grinning:

1 Like

I went to cozypure. They definitely felt like nice mattresses and probably the best I’ve tried so far and they were super knowledgeable and just focused on giving info rather than pushing sales. The soft with a topper felt the best to me and the medium felt the best to my wife. We unfortunately couldn’t go to the Vispring retailer in Norfolk because they were closed but I’ll go to the retailer in DC along with Hastens, Duxiana, Chatham and Wells, Millbrook, and Hypnos. Anyone happen to know any other mattress places worth a stop in DC/NOVA?

1 Like

Tyler,
Glad you had a good experience with cozypure. They do great work, attention to detail and certainly worthy of a MUGster’s attention.

Keep us in the loop as you continue on your journey, you just may be back to cozypure after all, you never know.

Good luck,

Norm

Yea, definitely a good customer experience with them. Also I like that they will ship it included in the (already very reasonable) price and are super willing to work with you and do different thicknesses on different sides or any type of custom thing you can want. Ultimately I’m the type of person that probably won’t be satisfied until I’ve went to every store and considered every option but they definitely seemed like a good option at this point (only downside is they don’t do sizes larger than a king)

1 Like

That is surprising as they do the work themselves. Unless there is some special pattern that is needed to custom make something larger than a king.

And yes, try everything otherwise FOMO kicks in. Fear of missing out.

Good luck!

They might be able to do larger custom. I just asked what the largest they can make is and they said king but I didn’t inquire on if they can do larger as a custom order which like you said they might be able to.

1 Like

I would ask them, just as a back up plan for your memory bank. One more question is not going to impose on anyone. I would love to see how it works out for you!

Will definitely post regular updates here and final results! If we do go with the Wyoming King I’ll probably DIY woodwork a bed frame for it as well which will be fun.

1 Like

Wow, brave Paul Bunyan. Good luck with that, I am sure with your exacting and no stone un-turned disposition, you will do great.
If you decide it is not a project you want to tackle, I would see if someone like #(Trusted Member Mattress Foundation) Mattress Foundation (formerly US Boxspring) I would think that most of these folks out there that build it themself, may be able to create one for you. Again, it never hurts to ask!

I’m getting a dedicated workshop in the house build so hopefully diy things will become much more feasible. Also planning to mill the wood from the trees cleared on the lot and with any luck, might be able to make furniture out of the trees that were on the land before the house. I know I could find a frame for a wyoming king if needed but I figure it’d be hard to find something super elegant for that size (hard to find it even for standard sizes)

And when, may I ask, will you become a “Trusted Member” of TMU as a custom builder of mattress frames and foundations? Do I sense a specialty mattress foundation manufacturer in your future?

We’ll see. It’s one thing trying to meet your own unrealistically high standards with a DIY project but another trying to meet someone else’s and not having unlimited time to refine and fix mistakes. Also some people caution to not turn a hobby into a job but I suspect I may sell some stuff but idk about stuff as large as bed frames.

1 Like

Sometimes you just never know where the future will take you!

1 Like

@ski23 if you can make the trip to the New York / New Jersey area, I have a list of places I visited in the various updates on this post. There were a couple horsehair mattress places in New Jersey that I didn’t try, as well. Good luck!

1 Like

We’ll see. It’s a bit far but potentially doable. We’ll see my thoughts after DC since there’s a good 7 places there to try.

1 Like

In the meantime I ended up ordering this mattress topper for our current queen mattress. Last night was our second night sleeping on it and seems to be quite a nice improvement in our sleep.

I have seen those toppers and wondered how they are. I have read the reviews, but sometimes reviews can be deceiving. I would rather have your review. :smiley: Keep up posted, very curious
Norm

Initial impressions are really good. I was drawn to it for the high quality materials and the horsetail which you dont see a ton in toppers. It’s quite heavy (around 30lbs) which I view as a positive. It has a pretty nice smell to it (from the natural fibers). The feel of it itself gives a really nice added pressure relief to our mattress which was lacking in that department. It doesn’t sink in too far though (which could presumably be because of the horse tail core support layer inside).

1 Like