How to find local manufacturers and showrooms

I’ve spent the day on your site, and have joined because I find your site to be valuable. Having said that, I live in the Dallas area, and when I do any online search of local manufacturers or showrooms, all I come up with are the usual suspects: i.e. department stores, serta store, Rooms to Go, Sleep Experts, etc. Question: Is there a specific search term I should be using? I find it unbelievable that there are no local or regional manufacturers! I have narrowed down my mattress choices to natural latex, CA King split, etc., but it appears I have no place to go test drive ANY latex mattress, regardless of the brand.
Can anyone help?

There are two members here that manufacture in TX.

One is in Fort Worth, the other in Houston.

http://www.themattressfactory.com/

Thank you so very much. I’ve checked them out, and neither company makes a Latex Split CA King size. I am going to have to look at the nation wide companies. I’m starting with Sleep EZ and will continue my search using the links posted here. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Hi lmoon2550,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

Once you reach step 3 in the tutorial and you are ready to start testing mattresses then the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Dallas/Ft Worth area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked earlier in this reply) are listed in post #4 here.

If you are also considering online options then the tutorial includes a link to a list of the members here (including SleepEZ) that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) and many of them sell latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex and that have a wide range of different designs, options (including several that offer side to side split firmness options), features, return and exchange policies, and prices that that would be well worth considering.

Phoenix

Thanks! I have spent the entire day on your site and I think I have narrowed the choices well enough to at least start talking to the various companies. The prices are much better than what I spent for my last mattress that has lasted all of 4 years.:frowning:

Hi lmoon2550,

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any other comments or questions that you may have along the way that I or any of the other more knowledgeable members of the site can help with.

Phoenix

There is a Sovn Mattress store near you in Dallas. (Berkeley Ergonomics)

IMO, that would be a good place to try a few latex configurations along with foundations.
You;ll be able to have an extended conversation along with being able to try mattress configurations
and adjustable slat foundations.

THANK YOU so much. I would have driven to Ft. Worth, but your suggestion is much closer. I wouldn’t have found that on my own. I will post again after I have gotten up close and personal with the available products.

Hi PapaMike and lmoon2550,

I would make sure that you read the comments in the Dallas/Ft Worth list about Sovn because they sell their Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses at higher prices than other BE dealers in the country.

Phoenix