HOW TO START A MATTRESS BUSINESS IN MIAMI FL

]]Hi friends, im actually want to start doing business with the Mattress, notsure how to start but i would love to hear from anyone who is willing to share their experience, i know so far that must have to find a place , have some dispkay, have a box truck for delivery if need it and find a good manufacture .
Please if anyone can help will be great![
[/size][/size]

Hi TROPICALBENZO,

Your post is somewhat outside the scope of a consumer mattress forum and you may be better off finding a forum that specializes in starting a new business but perhaps some of the members here that see your post will have some suggestions that they may wish to share.

To be perfectly honest with you … I suspect that if you need to ask about how to start a new mattress business then you may not be ready yet to start one in the first place.

I would think that the first step would be to make sure you have the in depth knowledge about mattress materials and mattress designs and about how to “match” different types of customers to different mattresses so you will be in a position to help “educate” and provide good guidance to your customers about which of the mattresses you end up carrying would be suitable choices.

It would also probably be worthwhile spending some time in the industry working with good manufacturers or retailers to gather some experience before you decide to start your own mattress business.

Phoenix

You’d think that would be the case, but too often people open up a shop with little or no education about sleep, physiology, anatomy or mattress components. They instead focus on product instead of people.

I’d echo your suggestions about learning about product and business in general, and add to that some research into sleep ergonomics and physiology. This will allow the retailer to differentiate themselves from the masses in our industry.

1. Decide where you want to sell.
  2. Decide who will visit your business site.
  3. Decide what you want to sell based on the audience you want to attract.
  4. Look for wholesalers who want to expand and educate you in the process. Ask questions! This is a huge step because your suppliers are a significant part of your education feed. Rely on them or find new ones.
  5. Decide how to fund the business.
    6, Sort it all out.

Another echo here: This forum is proof how much consumers want to make informed choices. Salesmen have a human responsibility beyond representing their chosen mattress firm. That responsibility keeps us asking questions and giving educated, transparent answers to customers who ask as well.

Can I expand on Mattress to Go’s statement too? Mattresses are only part of it, customers are what sell your mattresses. What are you going to say to people who have bad backs, to stomach sleepers, to children, to the chemically sensitive, to those with fibromyalgia, to those people with 5 dogs who sleep on the bed with them, etc. How is what you sell going to help any of these people actually have a good night’s sleep?

If you are interested in natural latex and other natural fibers, private message me and I can help with both the education and wholesale options.