HR Foam or Latex top layer

Hi,

I am trying to decide between the Latex and HR Foam top layer. I have this mattress, only I asked them to sell it to me in separate layers. I’m finding it a bit too firm now that we’ve slept on it for a few nights and I’d like to get another soft layer to go on top. And a nicer cover since the one they have was too tight and hard to get on.

I really liked the idea of the MFC Presto customizable mattress so that’s the concept I was going for. That was on my short list :slight_smile: The Foam Store where we went is local. We recently tossed a mattress after only 3 years so I do not want to do that ever again. (I know the presto has more layers but I was mainly interested in being able to flip and replace components as needed).

So, how do the Latex and HR Foam foam compare? I think we’d like the springier feel of the latex but the HR foam is about $100 cheaper.

Thanks!

Hi mrs bond,

Your mattress is in loose layers and looks like it has a memory foam top, correct? If that’s the case, you may want to keep that layer on top and place a softer 3" HR layer between the core and the MF layer. We suggest either a 20 ILD soft or a 28 ILD medium depending on your support preferences. You don’t need to spend the extra money for the latex, since the HR layer will also provide a spring like feel.

Did I answer all your questions?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!

Mario

Thanks so much for the quick response! Yes, our mattress has loose layers with 5" HD Foam base and 3" memory foam.

That souds like good advice… the only challenge I have there is that with a 3" HR layer I end up with 11" total and you don’t offer a cover that size (right?). What are your thoughts on that? Would it be better to go with the 3" and try to find an 11" cover somewhere? Or should I get the 2" HR layer and 10" cover?

Also, I tihnk I read somewhere that memory foam will wear in over time, is that right?

Hi mrs bond,

We sell 11" Mattress Covers in Bamboo or Tencel fibre, simply order a 12" and send us an email after your purchase indicating that you want an 11" cover.

Yes, all polyurethane foam will wear out over time, it’s important to note that the higher density foams will last longer than the less expensive low density poly-foams.

All the best

Mario

Perfect! Order is in. Thanks a lot for your help.