hybrid configuration help

i’m drowning in information overload and wondering if having a conversation with experts would be better at this point!

my wife and i are both dying on our current bed. an 10+ y/o extra firm englander tension ease with a 2" sleep on latex med topper.

our specs:
i’m 5’8 185 and curvy (heavy in middle) female combo sleeper (pretty even back, side, stomach though i tend to wake on my back),
wife is 5’8" 135 combo sleeper (mostly side and back).

i sleep VERY HOT :slight_smile: and have significant lower back, current shoulder, and hip pain due to old sports injuries, arthritis, and being a web developer.

wife (smaller) also has shoulder and sometimes back pain. we are looking at two twin XLs with split adj bases b/c our needs are so different.

i have been looking at your custom hybrid based on the fact that i sleep very well on a hybrid at my parents house. we went and tested some mattresses sunday at mattress firm to just get a general idea and aside from being completely sold on an adjustable base, the mattresses we like the best were a sealy silver chill firm and a serta iseries hybrid 2000 firm. they didn’t have anything remotely latex to try.

my questions:
assuming coils are better for warm sleepers:

• Quantum Edge Bolsa 8" Springs vs. Combi zone for our specific weights/heights?
  • one 3" top layer vs a more configurable 2+3 dunlop/talalay or all talalay combo

is the only real difference between the standard 3" + coils vs custom 2+3 over coils just a matter of cost, or is the 2+3 config better for certain types of sleepers?
given that we will both basically have our own bed, would a firmer coil (combi zone) be better for me since i’m #185 vs the bolsa for my wife #135?

i am really intrigued by this build in post #1

here’s my starting point at the moment:

for me #185 lots of pain combo sleeper:

• combi zone coils 8"
  • 2" Soft Talalay 19 ILD over 3" Medium #30 dunlop blended

for wife #135 shoulder pain combo sleeper (side/back)

• bolsa coils 8"
  • 2" Soft Talalay 19 ILD over 3" talalay medium N-3 #25-29 ILD

thoughts? things to think about? questions i should be asking myself? in the end i’m willing to pay a bit more for more configurability, if that helps.

also would i need to buy a different cover for 5" on top vs the standard 3" you offer?
THANK YOU!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Looks like you did a good job picking out the components. My only suggestion is if you are going with the N-3 you probably should get the N-2 vs the #19 or choose the #28 instead of N-3. If one is blended then the other should be as well or if one is natural so should the other. You will need a 13" cover for both and we use the Bamboo cover on all our hybrids. It’s thicker and stronger.

oh thank you.
good call. i’d like them both to be the natural, if i have a choice.

i can’t seem to find the #28 natural, can you link me?
thank you!

also would you mind commenting on the different spring configurations? is a 8" combi zone coil too firm for a combination sleeper at #185 or is this really the way to go for me?

similarly if my wife prefers a “firm” feel at #135 will the bolsa be a good choice for her?

thank you again and again! :slight_smile:

stike that, i see that bolsa does not come in twin XL. hopefully the support and comfort layers will be enough to keep the wife from feeling those too much.

Medium all natural is #25-29 ILD. Here is the link - 3 Inch All Natural Talalay Latex Mattress Topper, 3 Inch All Natural Talalay Latex Mattress Topper, Save Big with DIY Latex Mattress Components, Latex Mattresses-Talalay and Dunlop