Hybrid Latex Mattresses

Hello,

I am looking for any information on hybrid latex mattresses and which companies produce them. My wife and I got a Saatva but for the money we were honestly expecting quite a bit more. We have only had it a week and there is nothing wrong with it so far, just not worth the 1700 we paid for it. We will most likely return it,

After researching latex, I have decided that I would like a nice eco friendly latex bed that has springs in it as well. My wife and I have slept on spring beds our whole lives and much prefer them to all memory foam beds.

I have been eyeing the Charles P. Rogers Nano and Estate, but have yet to find any other brands that incorporate both latex and springs.

I have done a great deal of reading on this site and have read all of the basic articles, as well as anything that pertains to the Saatva and Rogers beds. If anyone has any information on the Rogers beds (eg if you own one and sleep in it) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hi planetship,

While it’s certainly not a complete list and outside of any local options that may be available to you … some of the better innerspring/latex options I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here and the post it links to but if you wish to test any of them in person you would need to check their websites or call them to see if any of them have a dealer close to you.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area as well.

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful, I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about about using anyone else’s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

There are also no “standard” definitions or consensus of opinions for firmness ratings and different manufacturers can rate their mattresses very differently than others so a mattress that one manufacturer rates as being a specific firmness could be rated very differently by another manufacturer. Different people can also have very different perceptions of firmness and softness compared to others as well and a mattress that feels firm for one person can feel like “medium” for someone else or even “soft” for someone else (or vice versa) depending on their body type, sleeping style, physiology, their frame of reference based on what they are used to, and their individual sensitivity and perceptions. There are also different types of firmness and softness that different people may be sensitive to that can affect how they “rate” a mattress as well (see post #15 here) so different people can also have very different opinions on how two mattresses compare in terms of firmness and some people may rate one mattress as being firmer than another and someone else may rate them the other way around. This is all relative and very subjective and is as much an art as a science.

There is more about the 3 most important parts of “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price or course and the options you have available after a purchase)

You can read more about Charles P Rogers in post #34 here (and the rest of the topic) and in this topic and this topic as well and a forum search on Charles P Rogers (you can just click the link) will bring up more comments and feedback about them as well.

Phoenix

Berkeley Ergonomics offers several choices of latex over coils.

Hi PapaMike,

They are one of the manufacturers that are included in the list I linked.

Phoenix

I have been looking at Berkley Ergonomics as well for a few days now, I like that they are much more open than Charles P Rodgers about the layers in their beds. I will have to go to Atlanta soon to try out a mattress.