Hybrid or air

I tested a sealy hybrid copper II and silver chill both plush. I have read where sealy does not hold up. What other hydrid would have the same feel but top layers would last. Top could be memory foam or latex.
I also tested a sleep number I8 and liked it. There is also airpedic similar cost but what about getting parts.

Hey yhof,

Welcome to the Mattress Underground :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your question.

[quote]I tested a sealy hybrid copper II and silver chill both plush. I have read where sealy does not hold up. What other hydrid would have the same feel but top layers would last. Top could be memory foam or latex.
[/quote]
Both Sealy mattresses you mention, Hybrid Copper ll/ plush and Silver Chill/ plus feature “cooling” phase-change technology in the comfort layers of their components, so I’m guessing that “sleeping cool” is part of your personal preferences? As far as how long a mattress will “hold up”, you would want to spend time understanding mattress materials, construction, and the parts they play, along with an individual’s weight, sleeping preferences, etc. Some good reading to help you here includes Phoenix’s “Mattress Durability Guidelines”; “Your Sleeping Style, Preferences and Personal Statistics”; and “Mattress Comfort Layers-An Overview”. As you’ve already stated a preference for hybrids, I didn’t include a coil/ support layer tutorial, but for those who may be following your research and have an interest in that, Phoenix’s “Mattress Support Cores” is helpful.

A few more details about you, please yhof: height, weight, sleeping preference (back, side, combo, etc). Also, what size bed are you interested in; do you share your bed with a partner, a pet; any other details, such as what mattress are you currently using and what do you like/ dislike about it?

That’s a good question, yhof. I did a little Google-ing (not a word, but it works :wink: ) , and that seems a product warranty conversation to have with the retailer selling Air-Pedic. One such retailer says that the customer ships the mattress directly to Air-Pedic for part replacement; however, the warranty is extremely specific about what parts “would” be replaced and under “what” conditions. Personally, I would shy from a mattress with internal mechanical parts that potentially would require remote servicing. Phoenix’s “Airbeds- Pros and Cons” discusses these concerns in depth.

Looking forward for updates as you have time.

Thanks,
Sensei

6 ft 220 side sleeper and 5 ft 140 side and stomach sleeper. Yes I want it cool. Medium feel hybrid. I liked the way Sealy hybrid felt I also like the way the I8 sleep number felt. I have decided against air. What other brands feel similiar but have a better density and good customer service. I was looking at Idle or Saatva or other online. It does have to be all natural.

Sorry It does NOT have to be all natural.

Hey yhof,

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: .

[quote]6 ft 220 side sleeper and 5 ft 140 side and stomach sleeper. Yes I want it cool. Medium feel hybrid. I liked the way Sealy hybrid felt I also like the way the I8 sleep number felt. I have decided against air. What other brands feel similiar but have a better density and good customer service. I was looking at Idle or Saatva or other online…It does NOT have to be all natural.
[/quote]
As far as suggesting something in particular for the hybrid category, as well as in the mattress industry in general, there is no easy way for tracking all of the different models available, the current selection is far too broad and ever-changing these days; no moderator here would speculate on what particular “brand” mattress would be best for an individual’s personal preferences/ PPP. You are, however, heading in the right direction, yhof; it seems you have a good understanding of what works best for you and your partner’s sleep needs, you’re making store visits for testing and you understand the role good customer service support plays in the mattress purchase process.

Have you considered reaching out to one of the TMU’s manufacturer/ retailers as an option? This suggestion is not promotional in intent, only that they offer mattresses comparable to what your preferences are (medium feel hybrid, cooler sleeping materials) in many hybrid models. Each of these TMU trusted members are highly regarded for their deep knowledge of product design, their understanding consumer sleeping preferences, as well as excellent customer service post-sale. You may ask questions directly to these manufacturers on our “Ask an Expert” forum, and their websites/ products are featured in our Trusted Member listing.

Looking forward to hearing which way you decide to go…

Thanks,
Sensei