I have options, but cant land a final decision

Hey all,

I know there are all kinds of posts like this. (first time poster long time listener as they say).

I am trying to decide on a new bed to get. We currently have a queen but are upgrading to a King. The current setup that we have is a firm basic mattress with box springs, and a 4 inch memory foam topper on it. It has been great for many years. However I have gotten caught up in the latex craze.

I am 5’10" ~190 lbs
Wife is 5’5" and ~130 lbs

We are both mostly side sleepers, I occasionally sleep on my back. I have chronic neck pain, but I think that pain is more about pillow choice vs bed, correct me if I am wrong.

Right now I have three options that I have in my head.

1. DIY:
    From @Arizona_Premium
    8" Bolsa coils
    2" Dunlop medium
    3" Med Talalay

2. Original Mattress Factor
    -Basic bed set
    4 inch topper either Talalay or Memory foam to give us the same concept that we currently sleep on.

3. from @Latex_Mattress_Fact1
    -Luxerion Hybrid Latex Mattress

I want to try and pay no more than $1500 if I can help it. The main thing that I am nervous about is going the DIY route is that if we dont like it I have to hassle with boxing the pieces up and shipping them back. The sleep trails are very nice on the whole mattress, and makes me feel comfortable being able to send them back.

Has anyone had to ship DIY parts back, and how much of a hassle is it? Should that deter me from getting a potentially better bed at a lower cost? I am guessing we will really like the DIY option, but just nervous about not knowing for sure. Its not a cheap purchase and something that we will use for many years in the future. Thank you for any insight you all have, this forum has been an amazing source of information thank you for the effort you all put into it.

-Nick

Go try latex at these national firms: King Koil Pure Bliss Latex Brook and Posh and Lavish latex. KK is talalay and P and L is Dunlop and talalay. You may or may not like latex. I think KK latex is amazing mattress.

John

Most DIY builds are not returnable. @Arizona_Premium does offer comfort exchanges, which is more than fair.

Be sure to read the return policy before making a decision.

1 Like

I think @PapaMike is on target here. The 3 manufacturers you are choosing from all offer great products. It gets down to what I call the 4R’s of buying a mattress. Return, Restocking, Refund policies and Reputation of the manufacturer. I will sometimes add the 5th R for reviews, but all of these folks get good reviews.

Look at those 4 R’s and weigh them against your gut feeling of which mattress most closely fits your PPP’s. I dont think that most folks go into a purchase like this totally blind as it is usually not their first rodeo. We all have some “more than general” idea if what we are choosing makes sense. From both a physical and financial point of view.

Follow your instincts and the 4R’s and you will do just fine.

And dont forget to follow up on the Forum when you get your new sleep system home. We always like to know how our MUGsters are doing.

All the best,

Maverick

The Flobed Vzone is almost a “guided DIY”. Swap out any layers you want for 1st 100 days and you have nothing to return. Any components can still be bought at a discount after that for a lifetime.

I was about to buy components one at a time and then realized its just better to buy Flobeds Vzone financially. Any layer can be changed at any time.

John

Thanks all, we are targeting to get out this week to try and find some latex beds to lay on. I dont have too many mattress stores around me, so not sure if ill have much luck to try something that is 100% latex, or at least mostly.

Appreciate the call out on the Arizona return policy, I understand that they will do swaps for comfort but cant return any part of a DIY to them. That is the main concern for the purchase, its not protected.

Is there another company that is similar to Arizona that has a return policy?

Flobed is a good idea, but way more than I want to spend. I think I can get a similar “custom” build going with Sleepez.

Thank you all for the feedback, it is much appreciated. I will for sure update this post with my journey through mattressearth.

-Nick

1 Like

Nick,

Dont forget to look at the TM list to see if any of the promotions are as good if not better Trusted Member Promotions. Happy final decision!

Suggestion:
Instead of searching out mattress stores, Google “mattress makers in (your state)”. You may be surprised how many there area.

Blockquote

mattress

I made a decision. I am going with the Sleep EZ Organic Latex custom bed. My wife will have a soft comfort layer and Ill have a medium. We went out today and had a marathon of trying out beds around town. We found some that were hybrid latex beds, and even less that were 100% latex. The costs in stores were insane. After doing tons of research online I was blown away at how much they try and sell beds for out of stores.

Obviously we enjoyed how the latex felt, my wife always preferred the softer beds, and myself a slightly more dense bed. So I think with the inch of wool cover, and the 3 inch soft Talalay comfort layer she should be pretty happy with it.

We also went all out and bought the foundation for the bed, just to be sure that we were getting a quality package for many years of enjoyment. I should be getting it the end of next week. Ill be sure to update how it goes, and if I have to swap out any layers. Thanks all!

1 Like

Congratulations on your decision! It is a gratifying feeling to accomplish something that will lead to a comfortable night’s sleep.

Use your new mattress in good health!

Hi Frodo and thank you so much for the order! I’m sure you’re going to love it! Of course if you don’t, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. I say this all the time, and I absolutely mean it, if there’s anything we can do for you over the next 15-20 year lifetime of the mattress please let us know, we’re always happy to help! Lastly, I apologize we weren’t able to chime in and answer your questions on the forum sooner, we had a problem with our emails over the last 2 weeks and haven’t been getting our MUG notifications.

1 Like