I know what I like, but it's all junk

Hi Herdo,

Thanks for sharing the specs of the Powercore Estate 9000 mattress … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

As you may know from some of the information on the forum in post #34 here (and the rest of the topic) and in this topic there has been some question about whether Charles P Rogers would disclose the specifics of all the materials and components in their mattresses and it’s great to see that at least for this mattress they were willing and able to provide you with the information you need to make an informed choice.

If these are all the layers and components in the mattress and nothing is missing (and you could check this by adding up the thickness of the layers and the thickness of the innerspring to make sure they add up to the thickness of the mattress) then there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress. The layers you listed are 8" thick and the Powercore Estate 9000 is 15 1/2" thick which would mean that the pocket coils would need to be about 7" thick for all the layers and components to “add up”. While all latex is a high quality and durable material relative to other types of foam … I would also want to know whether the Talalay latex was blended or 100% natural so you can make more “apples to apples” comparisons with other mattresses.

EDIT: there are more complete specs for this mattress in post #1 here and while it only has 4" of latex not the 8" that was being discussed here (the first 4" spec was the total and the other layers were the makeup of the 4" total) … the polyfoam layers are in the range that wouldn’t be a durability issue so there are no obvious weak links in this mattress.

If it compares well to other mattresses you have tested in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and also compares well to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and any return or exchange options that they offer) then it would certainly be well worth considering as your final choice.

Phoenix