I liked Prana Sleep...but want better quality. Where should I look?

Hi,

I love the forum so far. I am sure you may have already answered this question, but I am making my way through the posts. I tried out the Prana Sleep Luxury Firm at Urban Mattress today and loved it - except the price. I felt it really put my spine in line and gave my support. When I got to your site however, it sounds like this might not be the best quality out there and that we should be wary. I really liked the feeling. Could you give me a recommendation as to a different, better quality brand that may have similar qualities? You have mentioned Natura, but was hoping for one or two more. I know you caution against saying “soft or firm” but I need something that will really support my lower back. Thanks so much for your help!!

Ali

Hi JayBird19,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and learn how and why to avoid the worst ones.

As you will read in the tutorial post … I don’t recommend specific brands or mattresses (see post #5 here) only “how” to choose. There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here and the posts it links to which talks about the importance of the suitability of a mattress in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and personal preferences) which are all about how well you will sleep on a mattress, the durability of a mattress which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress, and then the other parts of each person’s personal value equation that are most important to them and can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix