I need advice on a new mattress......

Hi Medic97,

The first place I would start is post #1 here and the information it links to. This will give you the basic information you need to make a good choice … and avoid most of the worse choices such as the two you are mentioning.

I certainly wouldn’t consider this mattress. You can read a bit more here.

The better options and possibilities in and around Brooklyn are listed in post #2 here and there is a more “categorized” and detailed description of many of them in post #7 here.

I don’t know what “commercial standard” you are referring to unless it is the standard that allows them to write the commercials that convince people there is real value in their mattresses when their isn’t. The standards of their hotel beds are no better than their consumer beds and they sell for even more.

Warranty coverage with major brands is mostly meaningless (see post #4 here) and the quality is only as good as the quality of the materials they use which are much lower than many other products.

These are some of the very reasons that I would avoid the major brands (not buy from them) … including the so called “hotel mattresses” they make which are nothing more than a costly label on a mattress that uses the same materials as all their other mattresses. Post #404 here may be worth reading as well.

Phoenix