I serta vindication luxury plush mattress

Can anyone give me any information about the mattress titled above? My husband and I need to replace our 15 year old Beautyrest mattress on which we’ve had a memory foam topper for the last 6 years. We really want the tempurpedic cloud deluxe but we can’t afford it. Someone suggested a good less expensive alternative would be the iSerta series vindication luxury plush mattress.

Does anyone have an opinion?

Hi mattressconfused101,

The first place I would start your research is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the most informed and suitable choices. It will also help you avoid the worst choices including most of the largest manufacturers which in most cases don’t disclose the specific information you would need about what is inside their mattresses to make an informed buying decisions and make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses that have better quality and/or value.

In the same post you will find some online manufacturers that sell mattresses online that make mattresses that are good approximations of the Tempurpedic line (see post #9 here about “matching” mattresses).

The iSeries mattresses have an innerspring support core and the Tempurpedic mattresses have a polyfoam support core and they use different combinations of foam in the upper layers so they are very different designs. The only way to know whether one is “roughly equivalent” to the other in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) would be based on your own perceptions and the only way to know if it was roughly equivalent in terms of quality would be by knowing the type and quality of all the layers in the mattress (the three main types of foam are memory foam, latex, and polyfoam so every foam layer would be one of these).

With memory foam and polyfoam the density of the foam is the single most important part of its quality and durability. With latex the type and blend of the latex is the information that is most important. For example 4 lb memory foam will be less durable than 5 lb memory foam and is also less costly than higher density memory foam.

Phoenix