icomfort efx brilliant

does anyone own this mattress and have an opinion about it?
any reviews?

Hi phil65,

There is more about the most important parts of the value of a mattress purchase in post #13 here but it very simple terms it comes down to testing for suitability, checking for durability, and making good comparisons between your finalists for value.

In terms of suitability … each person’s experience on a mattress can be very different based on their body type, sleeping positions, and their unique perceptions and preferences so I would be very cautious about using other people’s experience or mattress reviews as an indication of what a mattress will feel like for you because a mattress that is “perfect” for one person or a group of people in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on. There is more about mattress reviews in post #13 here but I would put much more trust in your own experience on a mattress than on what anyone else may feel on the same mattress.

In terms of durability and the useful life of a mattress … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it and to identify any weak links that can have a significant effect on durability you would need to know the information in this article. If the retailer you are dealing with can’t or won’t provide this and it isn’t available to you (and most of the major brands and most mainstream retailers don’t provide the information you would need to make an informed choice) … I would pass the mattress by.

In terms of value that also includes all the other parts of a mattress purchase that may be important to you … this would depend on how a mattress purchase you are considering compares to your other finalists. In most cases though … I would avoid the major brands because there are many other options that for most people would be much a better value purchase (see the guidelines here).

If you haven’t read it already … I would start your research with the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones (including the major brands such as Serta).

Phoenix