Identify a Latex Hybrid Mattress

Hi,

A while back I came across a latex hybrid mattress that claimed to be just like the Avocado mattress, but had improved the coils by doubling the lower back support area making it better for a larger variety of heights. Do you recall which company this was?

Thanks
Hammer

1 Like

Hi Hammer,
I am not quite sure which latex hybrid you are referring to, but I reviewed quite a few of your posts and conversations and it seemed like the Nest Mattress was mentioned quite often.

@NestBedding offer mattresses that have options for individualize support for each sleeper and layers that can be changed for comfort. They do have a variety of offerings, the owl seems to be one that is more in that Avocado Vibe.

Might this be the company you are referring to? They have some very nice choices in this category. This one comes to mind.
Nest Owl

You did have a conversation with Luma Mattress, but if you are unaware, Luma is no longer in business.

There are several mattresses out there that have that “Avocado Vibe.”
Harvest is an Avocado Clone.
Every mattress is going to have its own characteristics. You always need to match those characteristics with your PPP’s.

While I am not suggesting any one of these over the other, you need to do your due diligence to decide which best suits all of your needs.

@My_Green_Mattress offers a couple of natural options The Kiwi and the Natural Escape

There is the Birch/ Birch Luxe mattresses

And the Ecosleep and Ecosleep Luxe

Hopefully, you will take a few moments to compare your preferences with some of the choices available.
Norm

Hi Norm,

I don’t believe it was any of the companies you mentioned. I guess it could have been Luma, but since they are OOB, I can’t verify that. This company went out of their way to say they were better than Avocado at a lower price, with a better spring system, I just can’t remember who it was. I do appreciate the response.

1 Like

The only other one that seemed to be mentioned was flexus comfort. But that one did not seem to work for some reason. I did not read every thread, but I remember reading something about flexus, that was not right for you.

1 Like

Hammer in one of your discussions, there was talk about @Arizona_Premium building you a mattress that was seemingly comparable to the Avocado. Arizona does use better quality combi zoned spring layer. Perhaps this is what you are referring to.

[Arizona Premium](Avocado mattress? ... & Nest Bedding options

1 Like

I can tell you this, the original Avocado was in fact a direct knockoff of our Ultimate Hybrid which we introduced for the first time right here in 2014. The only difference is that they do not use zippered covers like we do. Today I am not sure if they still use the Leggett and Platt top of the line Combi Zone coil like we do and I know they no longer use the all natural Talalay but rather the less expensive Dunlop latex now.

2 Likes

@Arizona_Premium Thanks for the update. I am not sure what @Hammer was referring to, but I did see your name come up in the conversation so perhaps you were the missing link here!
Happy New Year
Norm

1 Like