I'm about to do it, Phoenix!

Phoenix,
Love your site. It has realy helped me decide on mail order latex. But what to get? I am 64 years old. Female. Osteopenia (the precursor to osteoporosis) so I work out every day. Back sleeper. 5’5’', 115 lbs. Several years ago my back started hurting every day right after I woke up. I got rid of my lumpy conventional mattress and box spring. Am now sleeping on a firm conventional mattress on a plywood platform with a 1" memory foam topper. Great improvement, but though the foam topper conforms to my body (did your hand test), my hips sense the firm mattress below and I feel a vague discomfort in my hind parts in and out of bed.
Do not want the chemicals in memory foam. Tried the Costco foam matress, a Consumer Reports best buy (and it was on sale!), but I could feel the peaks and valleys of the eggcrate foam in one of its layers.
Then I tested real latex at Savvy Rest. And it was AMAZING. Every formulation I tried was wonderful. Savvy Rest has split sides which i do not want, but SleepEZ said they can do a Queen size with layers going the whole width of the bed. With my hip sensitivity, do you suggest I go with the SleepEZ Select sleep 9000 or 1000 and do you have any special thoughts on the firmness of the layers? I am thinking soft Talalay, Medium Dunlop, and Firm Dunlop. I am planning to use their 5.5" wood foundation. Thank you for any suggestions!

Hi Bedtime,

If I was in your shoes I would decide which of the Savvy Rest combinations was “best” for you based on careful testing and then choose your initial SleepEZ layering using the combination that was closest to your “ideal” as a reference point along with a more detailed conversation with SleepEZ who will be able to help you choose the options they have available that would be the closest or that their experience indicates would be the best “match” for you based on “averages” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Phoenix