in NYC seeking non heavy latex talalay mattress + good value

hi all.

so very happy i’ve come across this site! man do i feel grateful :slight_smile:
my hubby and i want to buy a latex mattress - i’m thinking as much talalay as possible
he’s a side sleeper, 210 lbs, i’m a tummy sleeper, 120 lbs

now here’s the catch
we got a bed with one of those lifting mechanisms for storage underneath
so the mattress can’t be much taller than 10 inches AND we’d love it to be lighter than 120 lbs

so … any ideas on where we should look and any hope of finding a place to try them out in nyc?

thank you so very much in advance!

ana

Hi chiquiquita,

I’m not sure what size you’re looking at but latex is a heavier material so depending also on the thickness and the density of the latex and whether you prefer a latex support core your weight restriction may present some issues. The good news though is that Talalay is lighter than Dunlop. Blended Talalay is also lighter than 100% natural Talalay.

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the New York City area are listed in post #2 here and there is a more categorized list with more complete descriptions of some of them in post #7 here.

Phoenix

thanks so much! very helpful (did a search for ny or nyc and unfortunately nothing came up so your post is super helpful)

i’m guessing for a king, the price point is not going to go below $2500 or so, based on the research i’ve done - and my sense is that might be a bargain. is that accurate?

it’s crazy that the market is still so opaque as to require this much research

well done you guys!

Hi chiquiquita,

You may have used the search window on top of the page which only searches the main pages of the site … not the forum. The “search forum” tab will search the forum.

It will depend a lot on the type of latex, the thickness of the latex, and the type of cover. Some are a fair bit less and some are a fair bit more but you are certainly in the range.

Phoenix