Indepdent manufacturers in Houston, Tx are?

I have been researching mattresses for quite some time and have made some purchasing mistakes more than I’d like to admit. I’ve read much of your mattress forum and suggestions, and was wondering if you knew of any good non-big name mattress makers in the Houston, TX area… I’ve found one called Texas Mattress makers and seems to have good reviews, but wondered if you had any personal knowledge of them or others in the area. I am having terrible night sleeps. I have a sleep # bed and can’t get the number right to where my lower back does ot hurt and have a couple of firm/semi firm matresses from national makers that hurt my pressure points and or neck and between shoulder blades. I think I also have more pillows than a hotel because I can’t get that right either! Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi jgriffin,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!.

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the best place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

Texas Mattress Makers is one of the members of this site which means that I think highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, transparency and knowledge. A forum search on texasmattressmakers or an exact phrase site search on Texas Mattress Makers (you can just click the links) will also bring up more comments and feedback about them as well.

Outside of Texas Mattress Makers … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Houston area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked earlier in this reply) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix