Info about old Avacado kid's mattress-

Hello all!
I am looking to get an all latex mattress. I’ve had the opportunity to try out my nephew’s all latex mattress, and really liked the firmness level. I was trying to find out what level of firmness his mattress is, but unfortunately his mattress is no longer sold. It was from Avacado and was called the “Kid’s mattress”, but now it looks like they have a new version which includes springs.
Anyone familiar with this all-latex kid’s mattress from Avacado, and if so do you know if it would be considered a firm latex mattress, medium, soft, etc? It would be very helpful to know, so I have a better starting point for knowing what I like when I order a mattress online.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi Joannabana,
It seems like most of the kids mattresses today are going to use a spring support system.

There are a few who do make an all latex mattress. Our trusted member FloBeds Kids Latex, Plush Beds Plushbed kids, trusted member CozyPure CozyPure Kid Suitable and while trusted member Flexus Comfort doesnt specifically categorize a “kids” version, their 7" certainly could check that box Flexus Comfort Kid Appropriate all Latex

This is a review of the newer version of the Avocado Kids mattress New Avocado Kids and an older version of the Toddler version Avocado Toddler Review.
I am not quite sure the age of your nephew, but one of the above and the information will hopefully point you into the right direction.

The Current Avocado “kids” uses a 14-19 ILD Dunlop latex in addition to the spring unit.

In speaking with Avocado, they told me that they did not make an all latex “kids” mattress. Although they made a crib/toddler mattress that was latex, coconut coir pad and wool. That usually says infant on one side of the mattress and toddler on the other side. This is to recognize the different firmness levels on each side.

They did and still make a 9" mattress that is all latex (no springs) consisting of • 100% Stretch Organic Cotton-450G
• 100% Organic Wool-325G
• 2" 100% Organic Dunlop Latex D65/ILD 14-19
• 3" 100% Organic Dunlop Latex D75/ILD 20-25
• 4" 100% Organic Dunlop Latex D75/ILD 20-25
• 100 % GOTs certified Needle Punch Wool Layer
• 100% Cotton Canvas bottom
Which some folks confuse as a kids, or simply purchase it for their kids.

So, if it was the crib/toddler it would be a thinner mattress. If it was their all latex version (not designated as kids) it would be 9."

Their current line up of kids (infants and toddlers) mattresses ranges from 4.75"-6" in their kid section. If it was a toddler mattress, it is usually market infant and toddler on each respective side.

Hope this information helps!

Thanks for your help! That is so weird that Avacado is saying they didn’t make an all latex kids mattress. I distinctly remember it and thinking it was weird that they called it a kids mattress. Hmmm…
Thanks for the info on the current model. Hopefully the one my nephew has was the same or similar, so that would give me a good starting point.

1 Like

I heard on the website kids not recommended to sleep on plush mattresses

1 Like