Info….graphite latex, Talalay vs Dunlop, King Koil latex mattress

I went to my local (LA area) Sit N Sleep and was super impressed with the King Koil Pure Bliss Brook Firm 11 inch latex mattress. It has graphite talalay latex as a comfort layer and medium talalay latex as core support.

Sitting on the side….it seemed way too soft, but once I laid on my back, it seems that I was “suspended” in a bouncy, but supple way. Soft….yet supportive. Very amazing feel….I did feel as if I was “on top of” mattress except the divot on the butt. My main word for it would be “supple”. Trying out this mattress had truly been a revelation….I need to reconsider latex. Im on a Tempurpedic Deluxe that is worn out.

I loved the mattress except for the $5500 price in Cal king and the lack of adjustability because there is no find tuning at all. This did make me think of Flobeds Vzone as being better. Flobeds Vzone is all talalay. Sleep EZ recommended 1 layer of talalay and 3 layers of Dunlop. Sleep Essentials advocates (I like AR2 and AR3) all Dunlop. Confusing. Im thinking of recreating King Koil feel in a customizable bed….I dont know how critical graphite talalay latex is or if it is basically a gimmick.

Im 5ft 11in and 225 pounds and 90% back sleeper, 10% side sleeper. Wife is 5ft, 1 in and 110 pounds, side sleeper.

Questions
1-Do you know anything about graphite talalay latex?
2-any opinions on talalay vs dunlop latex?
3-any opinions on King Koil Pure Bliss Brook Firm 11 inch latex mattress?

John

Hey John,

1 - we tend not to recommend these kinds of blends as they have a propensity for crumbling and not being very durable.
2 - that depends on what you like. We compare talalay and dunlop to angel food cake (light and airy) to pound cake (dense and…cakey). Most people find they enjoy talalay in the comfort layers and dunlop in the support layers, but this just varies per person.
3 - I couldn’t find much about the specs of this mattress. Their website is incredibly vague. Is it just latex? Is it a hybrid? Is there other foam in there?

NikkiTMU

King Koil Pure Bliss Latex Brook Firm is 100% latex. Medium talalay core with medium graphite talalay trizone comfort layer. Overall mattress is 11 inches tall.

John