Info on Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon

Hi Erdoc78,

The phone number for Dreamfoam is here. You can email them, use the website contact form, or call them.

Phoenix

Hi rockymountainhigh,

Congratulations on your new mattress. :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it and have had a chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix.

Hopefully this link works to get in contact with DreamFoam through Amazon. Just so you are aware as well, the 13" Gel Mattress only comes in one comfort level, which according to Chuck is “medium soft to soft feel.” I emailed him to ask the same question before putting my order in.

P.S. I went ahead and ordered it anyway! Very excited for it to get here!

Hi turnleft,

Congratulations on your new mattress. I hope you have the chance to let us know your feedback when you receive it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Well, I’ve been busy reading up on these—and am happy to post for a pillow! I spent some time in one furniture showroom in the area and really loved the feel fo the latex mattresses. I think we’re going to end up with the Eurotop Latex. I’ll report back after we get some zzzzs on it…

Hi JimK,

The Eurotop is certainly a good choice and also has options after a purchase if you need to change the comfort level as you know.

Congratulations on your new mattress and I’m looking forward to your feedback after you’ve had the chance to sleep on it.

I hope you enjoy your new pillow as well (I’m currently sleeping on a shredded latex pillow myself)

Phoenix

I was interested in reading that it could be configured with two different comfort settings. I’ve been able to sleep pretty much on anything from play-doh to concrete, but my wife suffers from arthritis and she’s been waking up with hip pain from our current innerspring mattress. I’m hoping that this will give her some relief.

My wife and I recently ordered the Ultimate Dream latex mattress from Amazon. As many have commented, Chuck was a pleasure to work with; we appreciated his input as we selected our desired firmness. We ended up going with a “cushion firm” 5 (6’2", 170, stomach sleeper & 5’3", 100, back sleeper). We’ve both preferred slightly firmer mattresses in the past, but since this is our first latex/foam mattress, we were unsure how to gauge people’s various assessments of the default “6” mattress. Looking forward to trying it out and sharing my 2 cents with the forum, but right now, feel excited to have this type of mattress for a value I’d never have imagined was possible before discovering this website.

Hi rickyb2t7,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback as well when you’ve had the chance to sleep on it.

Phoenix

I also wanted to echo the many people who have expressed gratitude for this website. We’re about to move to Texas and needed a new mattress so we looked on this website and felt that the dream foam mattress was ideal for what we needed in terms of price, quality and type of mattress. We’ll let you guys know how it goes once we get it!

Hi CalvinBW,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Has anyone been back to review or am I missing them somewhere??!

I am going to order the Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress and just wanted to get a feel for the durability, I read only one review of how this mattress sags but who knows, the owners could have been overweight.

I think we want to go with a 3. We like firm. However, some reviews on Amazon said a 7 was too firm! I can’t imagine that could be possible. I know choosing a mattress is so subjective though…

Hi smckay858,

There are lots of reviews of many of the Dreamfoam mattresses throughout the forum mixed in with posts that have questions or other comments or feedback. A forum search on Ultimate Dreams Latex (you can just click this) will bring up hundreds of posts that mention it including many reviews.

I would be very careful though about using reviews as a way to choose a mattress (see post #13 here). One person’s “too firm” can be another’s “too soft” and each person is unique. A mattress that is “perfect” for many people may be completely unsuitable for many others depending on their body type, sleeping positions, sensitivities, and preferences.

You can’t “feel” the quality of a material and since a mattress is only as good as it’s construction and the quality of the materials that it uses … the best way to know the likely durability of a mattress is to know the quality of all the materials and components inside it. Latex is the most durable of all the foam types (polyfoam, memory foam, latex foam) and you can read more about mattress durabilty in post #4 here and the other posts it links to.

Phoenix

Hello,
I just discovered this site after looking for latex mattresses on Amazon and finding Dreamfoam. I am amazed at how much cheaper the prices are than in local stores here in Austin, and would like to give it a try.

I have a really basic question that is probably obvious to everyone but me :S . I have my grandmother’s old cherrywood full size bed frame, currently with an ancient box spring and mattress. After hip surgery and back issues I have to make a change as soon as possible, as sleeping has become rather painful. I now understand that I should look for foam or latex rather than innersprings due to being a side sleeper, but would prefer latex as I am fairly sensitive to chemicals.

Is it possible to use a Dreamfoam mattress with this basic bed frame setup? Could I leave the box spring in place or do I need to purchase some other base or platrorm for the dreamfoam mattress? The box spring I have is sitting on wood slats.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hi AdrienneH,

There is really nothing “wrong” with an innerspring mattress for side sleepers and the choice of materials and components in a mattress is really a matter of preference. Any type of components (innersprings, polyfoam, memory foam, latex, or other materials) can be made in a way that is suitable for different body types and sleeping positions. It’s much more a matter of the design of the mattress being suitable for you than the type of materials used. having said that … latex is certainly a very high quality and durable material.

Foam mattresses generally do much better with a firm non flexing foundation than a box spring (with a few exceptions for some mattresses that are typically thinner and are specifically designed to be used with a box spring. Even if you were buying an innerspring mattress though that needed a box spring though I would replace the one you have if it’s that old because a box spring or foundation is an important part of your sleeping system and your mattress needs good support underneath it with no sagging or soft spots as much as you need good support from your mattress.

You can see some suggestions here from Brooklyn Bedding (Dreamfoam’s sister company) that specifically suggest to avoid box springs for their foam mattresses. The foundation thread here also has many good foundation options in a wide range of prices that will work well for foam mattresses…

Phoenix

Well, I have written reviews on Dream Foam mattress that can be purchased from Amazon. You can also read the real reviews on the same product page at Amazon, you will get reviews from the real users who are using the mattress.

Hi nualadson,

You are the second member here that has come here to advertise the site you linked (see here) and I will remind you once again that advertising isn’t allowed on the forum and is against the forum rules.

I deleted your link once again and any further member registrations or comments that link to the same site will be deleted completely and the members that post them will be banned as spammers.

Phoenix

Hey just wanted to say thanks to Phoenix and all the other contributors. Largely because of the info in this thread, I’m on my way to purchasing our first-ever latex mattress - the Ultimate Dreams for our young son. Thank you!

Hi wtarter23,

I’m glad the site could help you … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it.

You probably know this already but just in case … if you purchase the mattress from the Dreamfoam site instead of Amazon there there is an additional 10% discount and you would also have the advantage of their 45 day trial period as well.

Phoenix

Just placed my order and should be expecting my bed sometime in the next week and a half. Honestly excited. I been sleeping in a recliner for 2 months and a couch. Will def be giving updates for those on the fence. Thanks to Phoenix too for the reply to my thread yesterday.

Went with the Ultimate Dreams Latex at a 6 level.