Initial impressions of my first latex mattress (from Majestic)

I have now spent a week on my new Majestic latex mattress. Their prices are very good and this is reflected n the fact that they don’t have much selection, they’re not customizable (like Savvy Rest) and the satisfaction guarantee is very limited. With all that in mind, even thought the mattress I selected (a top of the line Nature’s Embrace) was very comfortable in the store, I was little sceptical that it would live up to my expectations in a real life setting. I figured I was taking a bit of a gamble, but, as it turns out, the mattress is really VERY nice. I had been skeptical because I figured that anything that felt like sleeping on a cloud in the store couldn’t possibly give my back the support it needed over the course of a whole night. It has come as a pleasant surprise that, over the first week, the mattress appears to be doing a great job of both cradling me AND supporting me…awesome!!!
There is one thing that is a little strange…
I am a side sleeper (90% of the time) and for that position this mattress is amazing. It keeps the pressure off my shoulders and hips while mantaining a straight line in my spine (at least that’s how it feels). Strangely, when I come home from work and take a short 20 minute nap on my back, my back is little sore when I get up. I guess it’s hard, if not impossible, to make a mattress that is optimized for all sleeping positions. This is a very small compromise and, so far, this is the best mattress I’ve ever slept on (and by a wide margin).

Hi confused1,

Thanks for taking the time to share an initial update with your comments and feedback about your new mattress … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s not really possible to know what could be happening here for certain but if I had to guess it would be that it’s related to some kind of transition between your normal posture at work (perhaps sitting for long periods of time as an example) or perhaps some working activities and a very different posture lying on your back on your mattress that may take longer than 20 minutes to work out any residual stiffness in your muscles from your day’s activities.

Phoenix