Innerspring Mattress - South East Michigan

Hello Phoenix,

Located her just outside of Detroit, I’m looking to purchase an Innerspring mattress (I prefer two sided so I can rotate it for longevity). I have two options that I feel are “superior” to the big box stores in my area. Although one is located in Ohio, I’m not opposed to taking a trip if it means buying a better product.

Could you give me your input of the following two choices. Further, should you have other recommendations in my area that I am not aware of, please feel free to include them in your comments.

Here are the two I’m considering. I see that the one uses a thicker spring (i think this is a good thing) but not sure about the other stuff.

https://www.matt-to-go.com/I2_Riviera_PT.html

and

http://www.originalmattress.com/orthopedic/comfort-choices (ORTHOPEDIC PREMIER SUPER PILLOW TOP).

Finally, if cost were not an object, is there one bed (manufacture) you would recommend?

Thanks for your review.

Hi Bubby48230,

I don’t know the specifics of the foam densities in each mattress but if you can find this out and post them here I’d be able to make more meaningful comments about them (the specs you would need are in post #4 here).

Jeff at Matt-to-Go is a member here and is one of the most knowledgeable people I know in the industry. He will also be able to help you make meaningful comparisons between them and give you some good guidance (assuming you know the specifics of the Original Mattress Factory mattress). Finding an “expert” to work with who already knows what you would otherwise need to learn and has your best interests at heart can be one of the most important parts of a successful mattress purchase.

Original Mattress Factory is also transparent about the materials they use in their mattresses and are typically among the better quality/value choices in the areas where they have a store.

I’m not so sure it would be necessary to go to the time or expense of driving to Ohio to test a mattress when you have good options available locally but this is something that each person would need to decide on an individual basis based on how they felt about the options that were more local.

Some of the better options or “possibilities” I’m aware of in the general Detroit area are listed in post #2 here.

No. There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to recommend a specific mattress for someone else based on “theory at a distance” out of all the thousands of mattresses that are available. Nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress(see post #2 here).

Phoenix