Inquiry Latex pure bliss

Hi Mike7,

[quote]Also those sites you list do not have the exact PLB layers in fact I cant even find individual layers for sale on some. The amazon link claims the ild is 22-24 which most claim for plush----
PLB layers are 19 21 24 etc
I’m sorry you think Im being argumentative rather than looking at your posts as many do seeming to contradict yourself. I think things could be simplified but you dont see your posts confusing people. Just in these last few posts you do it again. But I’m not going to argue. I hope this exchange has helped people. You cant oppose DIY mattresses and then suggest you can only duplicate a mattress if you buy the individual layers offering links as you have.
Again if you have a site that sells the exact thickness and blended talalay with exact ILD let me know
Lastly the international latex site suggests side sleepers would do best with a hybrid why is that? [/quote]

Several of the sources listed in the post I linked sell all or almost all of the materials that Latex International makes. Sleeplikeabear and KTT enterprises are two examples. At KTT you pay for materials by the board foot. Others just sell some of them.

Some of them also show a “range” of ILD’s as a generic description or because they have different materials that are in that range (for example some of them will give you a choice between Radium and Latex International) and if you talk with them they will give you specifics about what they have available. ILD is also not exact for any latex so showing a range is actually more accurate. The key is to spend time on the phone talking with them because websites are not usually complete and don’t show everything that many manufacturers or retailers have available. For example you may be able to purchase 24 ILD Talatech in a particular thickness at a particularly good price at one site but they don’t have other ILD’s or thicknesses available so for other ILD’s or other thicknesses that they don’t supply you would need to use a different supplier.

It’s certainly possible that there are posts or information here that either are or appear to be contradictory and if you come across them and if they don’t involve a misinterpretation on your part then just link them and ask about them and I’d be happy to either correct them or clarify them.

Again … you don’t need to argue … just ask when you see what you think is a contradiction and I would be happy to clarify it … just make sure you are quoting me correctly and specifically instead of rephrasing what you think I said based on not reading it correctly or on not fully understanding what I posted. If you paraphrase or misinterpret what I’ve written so that its meaning isn’t the same then it’s not helpful either to you or to others who read this forum. This is not a site where “soundbites” or “bits” of information are the norm. There are plenty of others that already do just that and are part of the reason that people are so confused because so many of them flatly contradict each other (such as Talalay is “better” than Dunlop or the other way around when they have no evidence to support what they’re saying or provide a context for “black and white” statements). This site is meant to include information that is more nuanced and includes more information and detail for those who want it and for those who don’t it provides sources of where to find the “experts” that already know what they would otherwise need to learn.

Again this isn’t what I’ve done or said anywhere on the site. My goal is to make sure that people understand what they are up against if they go in a direction where they don’t fully understand the risks or potential costs involved. I don’t “oppose” anything that people choose to do because that’s up to them … my goal is to make sure that they are informed about the directions they are choosing and the risks and difficulties that may be involved so that they can replace hindsight with foresight and have more reasonable expectations of success. Your comment here is an example of misinterpreting or misrepresenting what I’ve said by “paraphrasing” it. Things are not always as black and white as they seem to be and my goal is to help people assess the potential rewards and risks of any direction they choose to go an a more informed way so that they have a better idea of how to assess their choice based on their personal value equation.

[quote]Again if you have a site that sells the exact thickness and blended talalay with exact ILD let me know
Lastly the international latex site suggests side sleepers would do best with a hybrid why is that? [/quote]

I’ve already listed the links and commented on them in this post. I don’t know what you are referring to by “hybrid” so if you link to where you read this I would have a better idea of the context of what they said. If by “hybrid” you mean blended Talalay vs 100% natural Talalay then it would likely be because the blended is more pressure relieving in the same ILD because it has a lower compression modulus. This doesn’t take into account that you can change the design to make up for this by using different layer thicknesses or ILD’s in combination with each other to produce a roughly equivalent design in a different material but this needs some knowledge and experience to be able to “translate” one material and design into its equivalent in another material and design with a reasonable degree of accuracy that would apply to most (but not all) people.

[quote]Phoenix in the spirit of disclosure is it true that you make a percentage when mattresses are sold using this forum (from the paying members)?
thanks) [/quote]

I’ve answered this in a previous reply to you but the details of “how we survive” are in the services link in the top menu here. Just don’t tell anyone it’s there and keep it a secret between us because I wouldn’t want anyone to know I “disclose” it openly :slight_smile:

Post #4 here also has more links about the history and reasons behind why I started the site and the income I earn from it.

Phoenix