Interested in buying a latex mattress

Hello, I’m interested in purchasing an entire mattress made of latex. I have been sleeping on innerspring mattresses my entire life, but recently feel that I’ve been having worse aches in my bony areas that I can no longer bear.

My mattress is old… It’s a hand me down, probably at least 15 years old! (Yikes :ohmy: ) A traditional innerspring that needs to be turned. Needless to say, it needs to be replaced.

I’m about 145LBS, 5"8
Side sleeper
Prefer a medium feel mattress that is supportive but not too firm.
I hate sleeping hot and prefer a neutral temperature.
In for a Queen size.
My budget can go upto $2000.00
My zipcode is 18052

I’m looking for suggestions for either local or online retailers.

Thank You,
-SpheX

Hi sphex,

The mattress shopping tutorial includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) and many of them make latex mattresses that use different types and blends of latex that have a range of different designs, options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices that would be well worth talking to.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton areas (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #6 here.

Latex is a good choice for those who tend to sleep hot since it is generally the most breathable of all the foam materials. There is also more information in post #2 here about the many variables that can affect sleeping temperature that may also be helpful.

Phoenix