Is It really all that bad?

Hi elapid95,

Do you have an actual box spring that has springs inside it that flex or a foundation that has either wood slats or a wire grid type of support surface that has little to no flex?

Many people use the two words interchangeably but they are different products.

Phoenix

Hi Elapid,

The first “rule” of a sleeping system that trumps every other “rule” is that PPP is king and if a box spring works better for you than a solid foundation then that’s what your sleeping experience is telling you.

The tradeoff is that your mattress may be less durable because it’s designed to flex from the top not the bottom and that you may void your warranty. For example you can see some comments about box springs with latex or memory foam mattresses from Brooklyn Bedding here which is Dreamfoam’s sister company so if a warranty is important to you then I would check with them to find out whether your box spring fits their warranty criteria.

Phoenix

Hi Elapid,

No … for two nights I wouldn’t worry about it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi elapid95,

I think you should be fine.

Phoenix

Hi elapid,

I don’t think there is any way to “quantify” these types of questions and I don’t know of anyone that would be able to provide you with a specific answer (based on a number of years or a percentage) that would be accurate or meaningful.

Phoenix
Note Added Later: To elapid95
I got your message…No problem! I will proceed with deleting your old posts as per your request.
Phoenix