It arrived! Thoughts on our new Mattress Makers Carmel mattress

After banging my head against the wall for what seemed like forever in trying to choose a mattress, we finally threw up our hands, said what the heck, and ordered a @SDMattressMakers Carmel based on trust and TMU guidance only, since we’re on the opposite coast and had no opportunity to test it out (though I was tempted to book an airplane ticket…).

It arrived after only a couple of weeks, and as promised here are my thoughts:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! For the first time in I don’t know how long, my hips and shoulders aren’t supporting my sleeping body. The mattress has a quad-coil base, with two 3-inch layers of talalay latex on top. We chose the firm latex for the base with the soft top layer, and it’s the perfect blend of support and comfort. We were able to (blissfully) sleep in it one night before we had to head out of town for a wedding. After two nights in a hotel bed, which was murder on my body, all I could think about was returning home to my new comfy, cozy bed. And as I sank into it last night I had the most wonderful, comfortable sleep!

Oh, one complaint — setting up the mattress wasn’t nearly as easy as it looks on the store’s YouTube video. Not sure if it’s because ours is king sized or if they pack it extra sturdily to make sure it makes the cross-country trip intact, but trying to cut through the multi-plastic-wrapped coil layer was like breaking into Fort Knox!

But definitely worth it, and would recommend highly!

Thanks TMU for all your helpful advice!

2 Likes

Oh, and to add specifics, I’m (65yo, F) 140 lb side sleeper, hubby (64yo, M), 165 pound side and back sleeper. Since sleeping in the new bed, hubby has slept mostly on his side, which is greatly appreciated since he snores on his back! Hubby also never got around to actually laying on any kind of latex mattress before I just gave up and ordered, so especially appreciate that he loves the mattress as much as I do!

2 Likes

Congratulations to you both on finding your new @SDMattressMakers mattress, and, more importantly, on finding that wonderful feeling of finally sleeping comfortably! It sounds like the Carmel turned out to be a fantastic choice, especially after all the time and research that went into making the decision. I love hearing that you’re both enjoying it, and that your husband is loving the latex too, despite never having tried it beforehand. There’s nothing quite like coming home after a rough hotel bed and sinking into your own perfect mattress! Wishing you both many, many nights of comfortable, restorative sleep, and hopefully a long and happy relationship with your new bed! :blush:

Maverick

1 Like