It sounds as if Novosbed company is planning on adding a new model to their line-up and updating older models

Two days ago I placed an order for two Twin XL Aria mattresses to be used in place of an older King-sized Sterns and Foster spring mattress. I was promptly contacted by customer service that due to a minor redesign of the Aria model (the redesign is to update the air flow system in the top layers of memory foam) my order was delayed. That is fine since I am happy to wait for a new and improved design.

Anyway, during the course of few emails I learned that they had a Classic Twin XL model that was 11" high (reg Classic is 10" and the Aria is 11") so those of us who want to use two Twin XL’s of different firmness in place of a King, but don’t want height differences, can do so. I was then informed that they were coming out with a Classic II, which would be a little softer than the Classic.

According to Customer Service the specs for the Classic II are:
11" total height
2" memory foam of 4 lb/ft density (11 IFD) with vertically perforated foam for air venting
2" memory foam of 5 lb / ft density (9 IFD)
7" Conventional 1.8lb density (32 IFD)

The closest comparable mattress to this new model is supposed to be the: TempurPedic Tempur Cloud Prima. But, the Classic is slightly firmer than the Cloud Prima.

The updates to the website should be soon, possibly be the end of the month. The company is waiting for enough stock of the the Classic II mattresses before they promote them on the web. I am so excited with the height changes and the new option, which we both plan to look at through Tempurpedic models. :woohoo:

Hi Geekymom1,

Thanks for the heads up and information about some of the changes that are happening at Novosbed.

I haven’t talked with Sam for some time but I know from previous conversations that they had been working on some new mattresses so I appreciate the information you’ve provided about the new Classic.

As you mentioned it’s great to see that the height for the new Classic is the same as the Aria for those that would benefit from a split king and “split firmness” sleeping system.

NOTE ADDED JAN, 2016: They have now introduced their new simplified choice mattress which has replaced their previous models and have also become a member of this site.

Phoenix

I need to correct one thing in my original post. It is the Classic II that is slightly firmer than the Cloud Prima. The Classic is still the firmest and most compatible with the Tempur Contour Elite.

I was also told that when trying the Tempur models to test for a Novosbed to avoid the Breeze line since the firmness of the non-Breeze models verses the “same named” breeze models are different and it is the non-breeze models that they have identified as comparisons.