I've tried every mattress out there...help!

Hey Jewels,

You have my sympathies with these complex health issues; they definitely make finding the perfect mattress for you quite challenging.

Your comments made me think of a previous Phoenix response regarding “Stumped on mattress selection” post #6, involving a discussion of “safe and natural” materials in a mattress, you may find it interesting.

I cannot offer specific medical advice but would recommend to anyone with allergy concerns to strongly consider mattress materials that have been tested by an organization such as CertiPur (or less commonly others such as Oeko-Tex) for VOC’s (offgassing). Some people who are much more sensitive than others or who have specific health conditions such as MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities) may still be sensitive to some foam materials that are CertiPur certified, while for most people they would be “safe enough”. This would be more common with memory foam, less common with polyfoam, and least common of all with latex.

You may consider looking at natural fibers, latex, and innersprings in various combinations; have you researched/ tried a mattress with more of a natural story? Looking forward to hearing more on which way you go :wink: .

Thanks,
Sensei