Jamison Lady Lark -

First. Thanks for your site. Lots of great info and responses from you.

I am looking at the Jamison Lady lark King Size.

One piece construction comprised of – “Does this mean layers are connected or glued or just full king size each stacked?”

2" Soft Talalay Latex ILD 19
6" Firm Talalay Latex ILD 44
2" Supportive Base Foam

I am 5’ 11" 330 lbs and wife 5’ 10" 160 lbs. I have broad shoulders and suffer from neck and shoulder issues. We are both side sleepers. She sleeps like a rock and I toss and turn on a current firm innerspring which I like the feel my wife prefers softer. I seem to baste all night. sleep two hours and roll to other side and can never get my shoulders comfortable.

Testing mattresses did not like the tempurpedic/scandanavia foamy, can’t roll over feel. Did like the Serta iComfort Enjoyment cool gel.

Like the feel of the Lady Lark. Can’t figure out why it feels firmer with two 2" soft talalay layers. Looking at around $1800 and also talking with Tom at Royal Bedding Birmingham about his premium with Dunlop.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi CW,

I’m making just a quick post here… Make sure you first read the first post, which is an excellent starting point written by Phoenix on how to find the best mattress for you. That link is here:
https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/how-to-look-for-and-find-the-best-mattress-for-you-read-first

Also, similar to another thread going on, you may find a split mattress helps you create a mattress, so that your side and your wife’s side are most appropriate for your sleeping styles, and allows you to more easily address the weight difference between you. Also, depending on your shoulders, you might find a zoned bed helps address that. See this link for side-to-side split mattress:

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/designing-the-right-mattress-for-us

And re zoning, the only link I know is FloBeds vzone.

Have read. Thanks

Hi CW,

[quote]One piece construction comprised of – “Does this mean layers are connected or glued or just full king size each stacked?”

6" Firm Talalay Latex ILD 44
2" Supportive Base Foam[/quote]

My guess is they are glued rather than loose but you would need to confirm this with them.

the “feeling” of firmness is quite subjective so it would depend on what you are comparing it to. Latex can have a soft “feel” but is also supportive as you sink into it more deeply. Even though the comfort layers are quite soft, you may also be feeling some of the firmness of the layers below it. All the layers of a mattress interact with and affect all the other layers and if you are comparing latex to memory foam then the “firmness” of memory foam will vary with temperature, humidity, the amount of time the memory foam is compressed, and because it is also a slow response material it can also feel firmer with faster movements than with slower movements. This would be similar to the difference between “slapping” honey and pressing into it slowly.

As you probably know … I think very highly of Tom and Royal Bedding both in terms of his knowledge, experience, and guidance and the quality and value of his mattresses. It would probably be the first place I would visit if I was within a reasonable driving distance and quite possibly the last as well. He is very experienced with dealing with couples that have very different needs and preferences and he also has zoned mattresses and can make side to side splits if necessary.

Phoenix

New Specs

2" soft Talalay 19
2" soft Talalay 19
2" soft Talalay 21
3" Med Firm Talalay 36
3" extra Firm Talalay 44

Bed feels good but concerned about my weight on the soft foam? Alignment?

Hi CW,

I would be cautious as well and test the mattress very carefully.

I can’t tell much from just a picture but it looks like you could have some sagging or curvature there and it also looks like the pillow is very thick.

I would also be quite cautious if you spend any time on your back.

Phoenix